Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by dan@biali »

Got a couple of my stickers on. I might take a few off as I got carried away! Needs to stay classy!

This one is definitely not staying

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Helmet and cluster gone I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

clocks yes lose helmet maybe lose
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
karlos0891
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by karlos0891 »

id remove the one on the clocks but i personally like it on the helmets
Fran9r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Fran9r »

Wow this build is inspirational. Love the interior.
PhaseDub3
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by PhaseDub3 »

Wow What an amazing caddy
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Bit of maintenance. I have a catch can fitted and when Doc was looking at something else he noticed it was a bit full :oops: Once we emptied it we realised the drain plug in the bottom wasn't coming out so I've taken it apart and cleaned it all. Absolutely stinks of fuel and oil. Got a different drain plug on order to make it easier to do in the future. I also noticed the coolant level was really high so grabbed an old syringe used for hydraulic brakes on a mountainbike and removed a bit.

Also it was time to go to the winter wheel setup which is just my 19" BBS CH-Rs and gave the barrels on the 20s a proper clean. They're going to need a proper polish on the lips and that means splitting them. Ideal opportunity to install some tyre pressure sensors at the same time.

baxter6070
Caddy Fan

Post by baxter6070 »

Amazing work Dan! Spent 2 hours reading through this :shock:
Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shassen »

dan@biali wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 am Had the side sill blades and the top trims of the door mouldings done in carbon

Reading this whole post right now and first off I just want to say that this is one helluva build. Hats off to all involved. Great work.

Couldn't help it but these "side sill blades" caught my eye some pictures ago and I was hoping you would reveal some more details about them. But I can't find anything. If you don't mind me asking, did you design and build them yourself or is it after market pieces or maybe even VW original for something else?

Thanks.
/Fredrik
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

The side sill blades are a part of the Cross or Alltrack side sills. They usually come in silver but I wanted to be different and had them wrapped in real carbon. In the useful part numbers thread that you will be able to access very soon (+6 posts) there are part numbers for these here http://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 50#p128050
Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shassen »

Thank you very much.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Had to drive up to Revo in Daventry the other day. When my engine conversion was done, the only way at the time to get the engine to fire was to delete the immobiliser code on the ecu. Doc has discovered the proper way to do this having now done a few conversions himself so I got hold of a Edition 30 ecu from ebay and he managed to successfully copy over the OEM files to it and code the cluster so the engine ran, it just needed the stage 2+ software reinstating. Revo managed to sort this in about an hour and I think its running slightly smoother.

It needed a wash after the drive up and as the weather has been decent that was todays job.

Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

hard to believe its the same van you started with
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

I love the fact that's all the work you have done to it your sill happy to drive it on the road as a day to day a lot of people would be terrified to drive it and end up being a trailer build hats off to you mate keep it up.whats you next project on it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Got to enjoy it but it is pretty intimidating especially with all the numpties on the road!

There are a few niggles to sort out - wiring, plumbing and coding - plus it’s well overdue a service.

Projects are as usual top secret! But that’s mainly to reduce stress with people constantly asking how they’re coming along and disappointment when I can’t complete them!!

But I see more carbon in it’s future!