Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by Beaker2135 »

New pics look stunning. Can’t wait to see it in real life
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
needforspeed
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by needforspeed »

Hi can I ask who does your carbon parts?
Bright Spark Auto Electrical
https://www.facebook.com/brightsparkautoelectrical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Silvercrest did a few interior bits and the exterior trims, and C6 Carbon did the rest.
Adz1990
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Adz1990 »

I've spent the last few night reading through this, it's like a good book, going through the progress was just brilliant. Couldn't wait to see how the bumpers turned out, the interior changing, the bucket seats, how low you would go with it, the engine going in and to top of off the sound once it was all together :) Amazing end result Dan, shows what really can be done with a good imagination and LOTS of hard work. Really opened my eyes to what can be done. Once again Fantastic build mate, well done. (mind blown)
https://www.instagram.com/highlandcaddy/
#VWCADDY
#BLACKVW
#2.0 TDI
#140PS

Adz from Scotland
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Finally making progress on the infamous lid for the rear box. I’ll credit Doc with the idea behind the box. It’s supposed to look like a fuel cell. I’ve had the fuel pump piece for ages and only recently decided I would make it.

Started with a piece of tricoya which is water resistant mdf. Routed an indent for the fuel pump to sit in and drilled a lot of holes for threaded inserts. Fitted some hinges and gave it a few coats of epoxy resin so that it’s fully sealed for painting.

Waiting on some gas struts and led strip lights and it’s done.

These bulkhead fittings were probably the most nerve racking holes I’ve ever drilled!

Once the struts are in it will be open about 30 degrees

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I knew you'd been quiet for too long not to have a update coming.
Looks really good, should be right on point in there once painted. Top work as usual.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

This van is a beast looks wicked. Absolutely top shelf. Looking forward to any more updates

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I forgot to post this up. I modelled the lid in SketchUp

Finished up the underside of the lid today. I wanted to use carbon as its glossy and will help bounce light inside the box when the lid is open but also because I have a fetish!

I used a piece of 90 degree angle carbon as a plinth where I can stick an led strip so when the lid is open it will point down into the box but will hide the light when you look in. Had to glue some thin carbon to the ends so it looked properly finished and the hole is where the cables will run into a groove on the underside of the lid so the carbon sits flat and hides them.

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Another little job done. Needed a triple hose clamp for the ‘fuel’ lines so took 2 doubles, cut them down and managed to successfully glue them together. Times like this I wish I could weld or had a full machine shop!

ImageImage
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Maybe a little 3D printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I have looked at them but the technology moves at such a pace anything you buy now will be obsolete almost before you open the packaging.

For me the thing I want the most is a 3d scanning system.........
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Buddy of mine is making custom honeycomb tools so they get the strength. He is happy with it. But yeah I get what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I might have another look at 3d printers because they are getting cheaper all the time and the print resolution is increasing.

Drilled and screwed the carbon sheet to the back of the lid. The led cable runs in a slot in the tricoya and exits under the hinge so hopefully it will be completely hidden.

Thats the last of the fiddly bits now its just a case of finishing the sanding of the resin coating so it can be sent off for paint.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Caddy R360 build thread

Post by dan@biali »

I’ve installed the gas struts today. Bit of a pain to work these out and I’ve made a mistake which I’m going to have to sort out. I will be installing a magnet to keep the lid closed. Also installed the led strip light and I’ve got some wiring to do to finish that.