mrfaststu's 2k, wheels,seats,clocks update 9/6/15

Show off your caddy
mrfaststu
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: mrfaststu's 2k caddy project, new mods colour change

Post by mrfaststu »

torque777 wrote:Fair play.. Great colour choice... Where did you get your touran lights from?
Got them off eBay then put fly eye mesh over the outside of them to have the black look
MRFASTSTU 54 2K caddy SDI
19" satin lm reps, touran front bumper, debadged grill, rear spoiler, vmax and axle flip, side rail cover, touran door cards, touran front and rear seat conversion, aftermarket electric window kit
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

now looking at the van im going thru the do I or don't I on colour coding the mirrors what do you think
19" satin lm reps, touran front bumper, debadged grill, rear spoiler, vmax and axle flip, side rail cover, touran door cards, touran front and rear seat conversion, aftermarket electric window kit
cosie1982
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by cosie1982 »

Looks great in orange pal! U got a great finish on it even without a booth!! Id say gloss black mirrors wud look well with your colour choice! Nice work what a bargain
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Amelia »

Great job looks well we will all see you coming 8)
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by whites-all-righty »

looks good fella, black and orange good contrasts :D
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

been out today and had a go at fitting the touran glovebox into the caddy what a ba5tard job that was, I didn't realise quite how much work was needed and was certainly surprised at how much material needed to be cut away from dash and off the glove box does make a lot of difference having it in place now just got to do a little bit more fettling to get it spot on but its not that far out at mo
excuse the mess inside work in progress :lol:
and just a few more pics of it painted and with my touran as well
tramp
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: mrfaststu's 2k, colour change,touran glove box fitted

Post by tramp »

snap on the headunit :-)

looking good fella keep up the good work

the glovebox, is it that bad a job? its on my to do list thats all
Cookie_123
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Cookie_123 »

Looks awesome man! Did you paint it in that gazebo?!

Surprised the glove box was a pig to fit, there was me thinking it was a straight fit.

Keep it up man, van looks ace!
'05 Metallic Black TDI. Full electric pack. A3 Sport seats. More to come...
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

Yes I did paint it in the gazebo and glove box no where near straight fit will be adding pics of what needs cutting probably tonight when I get back
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

here is a few pics of what you got to cut to get glove box in
as you can see a fair bit of chopping about
bud the spud
Twin Turbo poster

Post by bud the spud »

how long time wise to do the touran glovebox
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

it took about 4 1/2 hours to get it how it is in pics as I was only taking a bit of a time, reckon I need about half hour to finish getting it spot on, if I had to do another I reckon it could be done in about a hour as I know what I could do straight off :)
did a fair bit of hunting around for info but no one seems to want to say much about doing it :!:
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Re: mrfaststu's 2k, touran dash carpet and consul fitted

Post by mrfaststu »

Had another little play with the van over the past few days I brought a touran dash and front carpets off josh the other week and just had a week of work to do some work on the house but somehow managed to find time to get the dash and carpets in, had a look on here for tips on how to do the dash and didn't seem that bad a job to do hardest part I found was trying to remove the steering wheel control module, dangerous bit was removing the airbag then realising I had forgotten to disconnect the battery :oops: while the dash was out I rerouted my stereo, gps, amp leads etc to higher up behind the dash so no risk of them falling and hitting my feet whole job of dash was done in about 5 hours having drink and moving wiring so didn't think that was to bad also took a few pics then forgot to take the rest of the pictures to show what to do :(
here is the dash with the touran glove box that I took out, I would sell the dash for £40 with the glove box but got no pic with my name on it

this is the front carpets fitted along with a touran centre consul again from josh

just got to find a handbrake cover in the right colour as it stands out like a sore thumb at mo but one will turn up prob from josh again my missus is moaning that josh seems to be getting more money from me than what she does :lol:
think my next job is to dynamatt the roof of the van then ply line that and reply the sides then fit the megavan 4 way stretch carpet I got sitting in my shed and to fit my led lights in the roof at same time , also got to find someone reasonably local who can recode touran clocks ,multi function stalk, and puddle lights for beer tokens etc
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Re: mrfaststu's 2k, touran dash,carpet and consul now fitted

Post by mrfaststu »

done a little bit more the other day I had a go at fitting the rear seat belts, dyna-matted the rear, made a roof panel with led lights in it and made bigger side panels and door panel and covered them with 4 way stretch carpet
I don't think its come out to bad for a 1st attempt at this sort of thing

I have also got a led strip light to go round the side when I can find time to do it
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Re: mrfaststu's 2k, touran dash,carpet and consul now fitted

Post by mrfaststu »

haven't updated for a while, since last time I have changed the wheels
Image[quote][/quote]
boarded out and carpet the rear arches and put laminate flooring in the back
panelled and carpeted the rear doors
and then got the front windows tinted
I also upgrade the front door speakers to a set of focals and have brought full display clocks, flat bottom steering wheel,cruise control and multifunction stalk just got to get them coded in when I can find someone reasonably local