Maxi life build

Show off your caddy
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Maxi life build

Post by torque777 »

Thanks

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Not best photo but rear wheels seem to be sitting perfect Image

horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

torque777 wrote: found that gaz had fitted new bushes when they serviced them, not sure why as I had no issue with them, I only really noticed as they had fitted them the wrong way round again!! So pressed them out and fitted correctly
Hey Nic - Im a bit lost here. I see one side of the bush is more tapered than the other. Which is the correct way around and what difference does it make?

Edit - Do you mean the top bushes were in the bottom location and the bottom bush in the top?
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Yes the bushes were mixed up, and when I first bought them they cam like that, no idea why gaz do this, also no idea why they changed the bushes as old ones didn't look worn to me

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Hey Torque777 what's the quality like of those roof rails you've got fitted? I've just removed my much more practical but fugly roof rack and I'm looking at these rails as I could fit 3 low profile bars on them as the middle leg is offset to the second bolt hole from the back.

I'm also thinking that I can use my pipe tube as a load stop and if I get it painted white it'll just look like an awning from a distance haha
Ske
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ske »

torque777 wrote:Not best photo but rear wheels seem to be sitting perfect Image
I think they're my favourite alloys, currently. Roughly, how much did you pay for 'em?
Mrhhussain
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Mrhhussain »

Ske wrote:I think they're my favourite alloys, currently. Roughly, how much did you pay for 'em?

I can second that.. Best looking wheels! Reps go for £400.00 originals are £1k +
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Well nothing much is happening at the moment, but I had chance today to get wheels off and re paint calipers, discs and back plates Image

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Your a mind reader, just bought carbon metallic Foliatec for this job :D
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

Was just thinking about this myself. I really need to paint the rears to match the front GTI's
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Few more bits to help the maxi.... Full Powerflex poly bush kit for rear including 22mm arb bushes, and Meyle HD arb drop links
ImageImage

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Nice this is ticking all the boxes haha
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

So today I met up with Anthony Chesworth and we rented a ramp in Warrington at a place called U fix which you rent a unit which is fully equipped for £50 a day, anyway we changed all the rear bushes for Powerflex purple bushes, and I also fitted Meyle HD drop links, it's made an improvement in axle movement and the rear is much quieter and just feels better, anyway here's some photos, ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Just to show what old bushes were like, first photo is arb showing signs of wear, next is chassis bush followed by leaf bush ImageImageImage

Medz
Caddy Fan

Post by Medz »

torque777 wrote:So been playing about for a few hours, since taking the gaz off and sending off for service I was planning to leave standard dampers on till I could get round to buying some bilsteins, but I noticed this last week that the suspension was crashing and banging and not very nice to drive, so popped her on to axle stands and saw the damper had burst its seals, took them off and re fitted the gaz for now, found that gaz had fitted new bushes when they serviced them, not sure why as I had no issue with them, I only really noticed as they had fitted them the wrong way round again!! So pressed them out and fitted correctly, set them to 8 clicks out of 20 for now and will see how firm that feels, next I removed the mud flaps, they have been great at cutting down on crap being thrown up but always caught on stuff, plus front left was nearly hanging off, next I lowered the rear one hole just to get it a bit more level, I'm pleased with how it sits but we will see how it behaves when fully loaded, also had some paint mixed for the wheels so cleaned rear ones and touched up chips ImageImageImageImageImage

Gaz replace bushes and seals when servicing them. Bushes tend to wear quicker as the fixing bolts are torqued when the van is on a stand. Where as they should be done when the van is on all 4 wheels. Had this issue with gaz on my t5 recently.
Nice van! Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk