Horace's Caddy

Show off your caddy
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Horace's Caddy

Post by horace01 »

All done. Golf GTi pedal and both puddle lights in.

Messed up the holes for the lights a wee bit but they fit OK. I just used a some epoxy to fill the little gap. As they are on the bottom of the mirrors you cannot see them anyway.

Happy with the result.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Looking good dude :D
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

I need to do the mirror light mod

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
DentCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by DentCaddy »

Do the interior ones keep on while you drive like the Audis?
Looks awesome

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
horace01
Hyper Poster

Post by horace01 »

No. They switch off so work as footwell lights unlike the Audi lights which are really ambient lighting.

Easy enough to change that though. You can just wire them up to always be on.

I personal do not like ambient footwell lights.

Mine look very bright in the photos but quite subtle in real life. I've turned them down to 70% brightness with VCDS.
tommyzooom wrote:
Thanks. Also thanks for the looms and sourcing the puddle lights for me from TPS which we don't have here in Australia. Unfortunately one of them had a loose piece of plastic in it and rattles. I'm hoping as it's on the outside of the van I won't notice it. If I do I'll crack it open and remove it.
torque777 wrote:
Get onto it mate. You'll be happy with the result.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arny26caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Arny26caddy »

Did the rear leaf spring braces make a lot of difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horace01
Hyper Poster

Re: RE: Re: Horace's Caddy

Post by horace01 »

Arny26caddy wrote:
Didn't get them installed. Also as I have had to raise my van up one hole at the back I now don't think they well fit.

I'm still messing about with the height of the van. I found once everything has settled and I added the flooring and the bed I was wearing holes in the rear wheel well liners. I have both raised the leaves by one hole and removed the centralising plates. I now want to lower it back down one hole with no centralising plates an see how it goes.

ander2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ander2k »

Congratulations its an amazing job I've learned it all and feel as at school
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

You fitted your hanger spacers yet?

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Just the kind of thing I want to see, well done!
horace01
Hyper Poster

Post by horace01 »

Fitted new windscreen wiper blades this morning. Interestingly you cannot buy refills here in Australia for the Bosch wipers. Not somewhere I could find anyway and I've spent loads of time trying to get some locally. Plenty of places wanting to sell me complete blades for $75.00 for a pair though.

That just pisses me off. Wasteful to replace a perfectly serviceable set of wipers. Crap for the environment and profiteering at its worst. Gotta loath our modern day throw it away society.

OK rant over....i ended up getting them from

http://www.wiper-blades-refills.co.uk

$27.65 including shipping to Australia.

I also fitted the leaf spring rear hanger braces after lowering the van another hole.

Seems a bit more solid in the rear. I only went for a quick blast around the block, fully around 3 roundabouts and over 12 speedhumps (gotta love the suburbs). I'll see how they go over the next couple of weeks.

As Mick Jagger suggested I may have to "paint it black" though.

Unfortunately when I was under the van I noticed the bottom of the tank is covered in diesel. I cleaned it up and couldn't see any leaks but when I put my hands up the top I found fuel pooled in the top part where the union nut and seal ring are. Looks like I'm going to have to drop the tank to investigate further.

I do wonder if this has happened from overfilling the tank. I did brim fill it last week, which I never normally do. I did so because I also added a 500ml bottle of Liquimoly Fuel System cleaner as the van has been parked up for the last 6 weeks as I have not been able to drive with my broken ankle.

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

I'll be interested to see how you get on with those hanger braces mate, keep us posted.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

It shouldn't do that with brimming it, when I get paid I always fill mine to the brim every time, mainly to see how many miles I get to the tank

slipperjake
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by slipperjake »

Did you notice any difference in the drive with the hangers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horace01
Hyper Poster

Post by horace01 »

Barbel330 wrote:I'll be interested to see how you get on with those hanger braces mate, keep us posted.
Will do.
torque777 wrote:It shouldn't do that with brimming it, when I get paid I always fill mine to the brim every time, mainly to see how many miles I get to the tankk
I agree. I suspect the return line is cracked at the nipple. My thinking is if it was the send line I would notice the difference when driving or get an engine light due to a drop in fuel pressure. Mind you I'm just guessing here and will do a bit of reading over the next couple of days.
slipperjake wrote:Did you notice any difference in the drive with the hangers?k
To quote my post above "Seems a bit more solid in the rear. I only went for a quick blast around the block, fully around 3 roundabouts and over 12 speedhumps (gotta love the suburbs). I'll see how they go over the next couple of weeks."