Post by bean5 »

Cheers fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr_F
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: BEANS pepermint green caddy

Post by Mr_F »

Just read this whole thread from start to finish having only purchased my caddy a couple of days and looking for some inspiration and I have to say having been on many forums for various cars over the past 17 years this is one of the best build threads I can remember reading. The van is an absolute credit to you pal. 10/10

Caddy42017
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Caddy42017 »

Love the car! Looks fantastic with the GTI bumper and Touran side mirrors!

Are the mirrors a straight fit? Wiring issues? The mirror plate looks different on the Touran as well i think??

Do you know anybody that makes GTI bumpers for caddy 4? I found a guy who does it for Caddy 3. But nobody for Caddy 4 sofar.
Benwilson277
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Benwilson277 »

love this build!

i have a peppermint caddy aswell love the colour, best of all you never loose it in a carpark!
im guessing the facelift front end has gone now?
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Love what you have done with it, really liked the last wheels!
Could wack a pair of these on

https://goo.gl/images/Tj8iOD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

https://goo.gl/images/ACIlbN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Footballer
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Footballer »

Absolute amazing work and attention to detail!

Congrats and well done.
zackruncie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by zackruncie »

did you find out who makes the gti/r bumpers for the caddy?
Gorzii
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gorzii »

Hi

New to all this, absolutely love this build, what front end is all that?

Gorzii
Chunk_121
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Chunk_121 »

mega dude! that's pure peppermint dedication!
jev113
Caddy Fan

Post by jev113 »

bean5 wrote:So getting there with the back, fitted the remote RGB + bright white leds, just couple of finishing bits to do.. Plus new wheels on....few update pics!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
What are these led wired up to?
EdwinBoon78
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by EdwinBoon78 »

bean5 wrote:ImageImage
close up of the bumper

Bro hi from Singapore, can advice how you got your front change from 2K look to current. As in what are the panels needed to be change and the coding involved for the various parts to achieve current look? Fitting wise are they the same mounting holes? Love all your mods you did but in Singapore not many caddy would change anything. Cheers.
bean5
Twin Turbo poster

Post by bean5 »

Hi guys sorry not been on recently as my Tapatalk had logged out. Ill try and reply to all the questions.

The front bumper i made my self with the inspiration of RADs orange caddy and a couple of pointers off Matt i used a mk7 golf gtd/gti bumper and chopped it into a facelift caddy bumper using plastic staples and plastic welding. Bit of body filler and prepped to paint

The led lights in the roof panel are wired up to a 12v motorbike battery inside the 1/4 panel. Which is wired up to a split charge relay.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I hope my build thread is of some help for those wanting to achieve similar mods. I also hope it is of some inspiration to others as finding in depth build threads on here was what kept me spurred on to do the things i have done.

Unfortunately not alot has changed recently as theres not alot i want to change. I am looking for a different set of wheels. Perhaps slightly better fitment but having my mk1 caddy project taking up most of my spare time the mk3 sits at the back of the que. going to the derby caddy meet tomorrow if any of you on here are going come and say hi.

bean5
Twin Turbo poster

Post by bean5 »

Hi guys sorry not been on recently as my Tapatalk had logged out. Ill try and reply to all the questions.

The front bumper i made my self with the inspiration of RADs orange caddy and a couple of pointers off Matt i used a mk7 golf gtd/gti bumper and chopped it into a facelift caddy bumper using plastic staples and plastic welding. Bit of body filler and prepped to paint

The led lights in the roof panel are wired up to a 12v motorbike battery inside the 1/4 panel. Which is wired up to a split charge relay.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I hope my build thread is of some help for those wanting to achieve similar mods. I also hope it is of some inspiration to others as finding in depth build threads on here was what kept me spurred on to do the things i have done.

Unfortunately not alot has changed recently as theres not alot i want to change. I am looking for a different set of wheels. Perhaps slightly better fitment but having my mk1 caddy project taking up most of my spare time the mk3 sits at the back of the que. going to the derby caddy meet tomorrow if any of you on here are going come and say hi.

bean5
Twin Turbo poster

Post by bean5 »

Caddy42017 wrote:Love the car! Looks fantastic with the GTI bumper and Touran side mirrors!

Are the mirrors a straight fit? Wiring issues? The mirror plate looks different on the Touran as well i think??

Do you know anybody that makes GTI bumpers for caddy 4? I found a guy who does it for Caddy 3. But nobody for Caddy 4 sofar.
No pal the mirrors arnt a straight fit. They require new holes drilling for the bolts. And the base plates require extending. Using plastic staples, plastic welding filler primer and paint. Hope this helps