My first VW (My first non French car too!) - V2 Front

Show off your caddy
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

My first VW (My first non French car too!) - V2 Front

Post by FoxRallye »

Picked up a bargain '06 TDi the other week needing work.

Currently on coilovers (assuming budget) with rear centering brackets
Touran front bumper
TT sline leathers
Golf gt steering wheel
Ply lined and carpeted rear
Air con (is it standard on all?)
Electric pack (I believe, as it's got electric mirrors and electric windows)

Once on the road I shall source some decent wheels and then I'll hopefully have a nice reliable car

Major clean under the wood floor from all the building crap

Front end is off at the minute to sort a few bits which it's currently how it's sat
Last edited by FoxRallye on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Re: My first VW (My first non French car too!)

Post by shanky887614 »

nice find
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan

Post by FoxRallye »

Got it up on the ramps at the minute getting it Road worthy.

So far got a new exhaust fitted
New discs all around
Slam panel was cracked which made the radiator sit very loose which leant back on the wiring and the fan cut through some wiring (luckily only 3 wires and not even all the way through!) and it also wore away on the hard boost pipe but all rectified now
New lower arm bushes to fit
Find some new wheels and then hopefully small bits left till its on the road and start tweaking the inside

Also painted the calipers go-faster white as I had some hammerite laying around
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan

Post by FoxRallye »

So got this on the road a fair while back and and it's nice and eco compared to the XJ6 I was driving. :D

I bought the van knowing 5th gear had gone and well then the 4th gear went before I finished my first tank of fuel lol. So it was an expensive December buying a 6 speed box/conversion and then obviously DMF & clutch all of which added up to be more than what I paid for the van :shock:

In the process of changing the box and such we encountered another issue :shock: :shock: So the Raceland coilovers seemed to have given up so ordered up some Vmaxx which has now made ride far better than before.

Picked up some wheels which need a change of colour and tidy up (RH ZW1's)

The last small issue seems to be the glow plug light. I've changed the sensor 2x, one being a Febi part and the other being genuine VW part from TPS, and still light still wont go. (I have checked with VCDS and it does come up as Brake Switch Implausible Signal)

Also gave the van its first use which was transport my brothers quad and it was a perfect fit!

Still many many things to do till I'm happy with it but hopefully Touran V2 front and a fresh recarpeting the back
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Amelia »

That what I call a sung fit have you got wheel arch cover on? Also is that quad the same size as a 700 raptor
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan

Post by FoxRallye »

Amelia wrote:That what I call a sung fit have you got wheel arch cover on? Also is that quad the same size as a 700 raptor
Inside the van do you mean? It's partially carpeted on that bit so it's not thick. It's a Honda trx400ex (I think), so I'd imagine a 700 is probably a noticeable bit wider
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Great job so far
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Nice mate! For some reason I'm really diggin' the decked on standard steelies look! Looks rad!
Again that's some tight fit with the quad.

Feels awesome leaving the French behind to come over to ze Germans don't it.

I got rid of my mi16 powered Peugeot 205 gti and got myself a mk4 golf r32. The feeling of being able to drive without knowing that breaking down is Inevitable is quite nice haha
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan

Post by FoxRallye »

torque777 wrote:Great job so far
Cheers matey :)
17shaggy88 wrote:Nice mate! For some reason I'm really diggin' the decked on standard steelies look! Looks rad!
Again that's some tight fit with the quad.

Feels awesome leaving the French behind to come over to ze Germans don't it.

I got rid of my mi16 powered Peugeot 205 gti and got myself a mk4 golf r32. The feeling of being able to drive without knowing that breaking down is Inevitable is quite nice haha
Thanks :) Tbh, I really want some wheels on it as it just looks like a pikey white van at the minute :P I still have my 106 Rallye which seems to have taken a second place as project after the Caddy now, but it's looking a little empty at the minute

Inner wing replacements & other rust spots here and there ready to be fresh for my ITB build :)
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 17shaggy88 »

FoxRallye wrote:Cheers matey :)

Thanks :) Tbh, I really want some wheels on it as it just looks like a pikey white van at the minute :P I still have my 106 Rallye which seems to have taken a second place as project after the Caddy now, but it's looking a little empty at the minute

Inner wing replacements & other rust spots here and there ready to be fresh for my ITB build :)

Haha yeah yeah I see what you mean! definitely put some on it,I'm just saying some reason I like it haha

Oh very nice indeed mate! What is it? 1.6? Ah mate I forever wanted ITBs for the mi16 but never got round to it, was one thing after another ! :(
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan

Post by FoxRallye »

After over a year of not driving my van getting the front end fitted and painted (was done in a barn so had to wait for it to be warm), it's finally mostly done. Just lots of flatting and small bits here and there.

By no means perfect but compared to the original panels being creased/slightly rusty and cracked, it's a hell of an improvement. Especially being on 260k