Re: My Blackberry Caddy

Post by dutchy »

Nice rims!

You gonna wait untill sping? :mrgreen:
hiawathaa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hiawathaa »

Are you running 19"? Have you tried 10" wide?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

I'm going to try to wait until spring but I'm quite impatient so they might well end up going on sooner :D

My current wheels are 19 and so are these ones. I'm not a big fan of the poking look so these 8.5" will fit perfectly for me with no tyre rubbing. I use the van every day and work out of it so 10" wouldn't be very practical for me. Don't really want to have to cut a chunk out of my sliding door either :)
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Nice new rims mate. I'm in a similar predicament. I live quite rural, once washed the caddy stays clean for less than a day this time of year. My plan was to get the lowering sorted and set up using my new rims, then pop the old alloys back on until the weather is nicer. The fact they are sat here is doing my head in a bit. I bought some Gtechniq C5 after reading through your build. Thinking of applying to the new rims and doing a daily wash with them fitted now! Noticed on the Gtechniq instructions they recommend using their special G1 cloth, I assume a normal microfibre cloth would be up to the job, wouldn't it?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Yeah any Microfibre is fine mate. Make sure to get into all the little corners and inside the bolt holes as once those hard to reach parts are coated it's makes things much easier to clean in the future. My original wheels still have the coating working on them after almost 2 years so it's well worth doing.

I've just ordered some more ceramic wheel coating for these new ones so I'll do them next week and start thinking about what tyres to buy.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

New shape rear lights fitted this morning with the help of fellow caddy2k member Claudiu doing the necessary re-pinning and coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kap812
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Kap812 »

Looks stunning mate, lights make a massive difference!

Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

Still one of my favourite vans mate! Keeps getting better. Are those pressed number plates ?

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Looks amazing, I think there's a point where you start calling it a car because it's an easier word to use haha

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Cheers guys.

It's a 3D gel plate Sandyson. I shortened the rear one myself as it was standard length and had way too much gap each end.
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Looks amazing Barbel, you can’t have much left to do to it now or is your head buzzing with ideas?

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

You know how it is Brooneye..........never ending ideas mate :) Some are on the cards and some are just not possible for me. I'd dearly love air ride but it's just too expensive. I still have a few nice bits that I've already got but haven't fitted yet so there are still things to come.

The main thing that holds me back from BIG mods like engine swaps and such like is the fact that I need to use the van for work so I can't have it off the road for any extended period of time. Plus I don't have a garage, or even a driveway so it's not easy. I'm happy with the way it's come on in the 2 years I've owned it though :D
hiawathaa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hiawathaa »

Looks dope my friend Image. Where did you get the plug for wiper delete? Can only find in glass.... 🤤

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

It's an alloy one which I got from eBay quite a while ago. It came from Greece but I don't think they do them anymore.
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Thanks for the Gtechniq tips mate. Rear lights look awesome. I thought I'd try out some Nokian Z Line's (235 / 35 / 19) - good ratings and reasonably priced at £95 each inc delivery :)