My Blackberry Caddy

Show off your caddy
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

EMtuning will build you lights to whatever spec you want or whatever your budget is. Mine are Morimoto bi-xenon projectors so the light output is phenomenal compared to standard halogen and even factory bi-xenon. The colour change angel eyes and demon eyes are just a fun add on which I can control via a phone app.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Bought some new detailing products recently so as it wasn’t raining, snowing or blowing a hurricane for once I decided to give it its first wash since November.

My favourite new detailing product is a Di Vessel which filters all the dissolved solids from the hard water which I have in my area. The benefit of this filter is that I can now blast it with a coating of Bilt Hamber snow foam, let it dwell on the panel for a few minutes so it drags all the filth off the panel, then just rinse it off with Di water and walk away. No more water marks Image Zero contact wash so no dragging winter grit and grime all over the panels.

Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

Barbel330 wrote:Bought some new detailing products recently so as it wasn’t raining, snowing or blowing a hurricane for once I decided to give it its first wash since November.

My favourite new detailing product is a Di Vessel which filters all the dissolved solids from the hard water which I have in my area. The benefit of this filter is that I can now blast it with a coating of Bilt Hamber snow foam, let it dwell on the panel for a few minutes so it drags all the filth off the panel, then just rinse it off with Di water and walk away. No more water marks Image Zero contact wash so no dragging winter grit and grime all over the panels.

That's impressive- where did you get it from?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Company called Vyair mate.
PaulC61
Hyper Poster

Post by PaulC61 »

After washing do you use a blower to blow the water off the Caddy? Even gently towelling off the water I end up with some sort of residual water mark on the paint.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I've never used a blower actually but I reckon it'd take quite a while to dry a van with one. My van has a compressor built into it for work and I've occasionally used the airline to blow out grills, mirrors and badges. All those areas that tend to drip for hours :(

With this filter though I don't need to dry the van at all now, literally final rinse down with Di water from an open hose to sheet the majority off the panels, then walk away. It can drip dry without water marks. I tested my tap water with a tds meter and it was 420, then tested the water coming out of the filter and it was 0.00 :)

You could use a quick detailing spray as a drying aid to avoid marks. Just spray it on a wet panel then dry with the towel. Alternatively, go over the van after a wash, spay on quick detailer and buff off. Bouncers Done and Dusted is the best QD, love that stuff.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Caddyluv »

Dude I hope you pay as much attention to detail on the misses. I do love this van so much.

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

She's just grateful to have me :D
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Today I fitted my R32 rear calipers along with Tarox discs and pads. Also chucked the front Tarox discs and pads on my existing R32 calipers. You might notice that the fronts and rears are now different colours but there is a good reason for that :)

Old standard little solid discs

New bigger vented ones

Fronts

ed1119
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by ed1119 »

Great work

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

Before and after of the R32 rears

Bit of beading :)

Savgav
100BHP+

Post by Savgav »

Van looks amazing

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Caddyjedi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddyjedi »

hello mate i am new to this forum and haven't learnt how to use it yet but needed your knowledge on how to install my mk7 gtd seats similar to seats you have fitted to hour caddy it would be appreciated if you can help please.
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

Were they easy to fit (310mm) ?
What’s the reason behind the odd colours ?
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors