My Blackberry Caddy

Show off your caddy
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

Thanks guys.

Colour is factory, LL4U blackberry pearl.

Coilovers are vmaxx and rear dampers are Gaz adjustables. It rides fairly well, it's the 35 profile tyres which have more impact on the ride harshness but it's fine to be honest.

Side skirts are Audi A5.

Wiper delete bung is an alloy one which came from Greece, bought from eBay for about £20.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Thank you for the paint code mate and good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Not selling it :)

It's broken at the moment anyway, the dreaded injector curse has struck :(
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Oh sorry mate misunderstood! I wouldnt sell it either! Oh no, you have the 1.6 102bhp as well then?? How many gone??

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

It's the first one that's gone so no doubt 3 more to go anytime from now :(

I'm hopefully fixing it myself today if the parts come in from VW. I'll do a bit of a "how to" while I'm at it for those who want to have a go rather than paying VW a fortune for labour.
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Gutted for you mate, ive got two 1.6 caddys, vw paid for 3 of them out of warranty, parts only so may be worth considering? What year is yours and mileage mate?

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

It's a 2012 and just hit 70k miles. As much as I'd love to get VW to pay something towards it I don't think they would as when I was there on Tuesday while getting the parts ordered, I spoke to the service adviser about these injectors being a known problem and he was having absolutely none of it. He basically said it was all internet rumours and these ones don't fail any more than other types.

To be honest, I'll do all I can to avoid my van going into a dealership for work. I've worked in many different dealerships (not just VW) throughout my working life (I do a lot of smart repairs for trade) and I've seen what goes on behind the scenes.

Firstly, I've had a remap and I don't trust that they wouldn't do the dreaded emissions update while it was in there.

Secondly, I ve spent many hours, days, weeks, months perfecting the paintwork on my van and it's virtually spotless right now. They'd wash it (often even if requested not to) which would undoubtedly cover the van in swirls and scratches. I've seen it so many times you wouldn't believe.

Thirdly, i see first hand how many customers cars get cosmetically damaged to some degree on site as it's normally me who has to fix them. I (maybe stupidly :) ) care too much about the cosmetic condition of my van and I'd rather not risk it going into these places if at all possible.

Luckily I have lots of contacts in the trade so I can generally get most things sorted without having to put my van in. Unfortunately it's just the parts which are the costly bit of this repair. The injector was £420 with trade discount :(
m8ngn
Caddy Fan

Post by m8ngn »

Barbel

Sorry to hear about the injector mine has had two go in the last 18 month.

Swadlincote diesel do the injectors for cheaper than what VW sell them not sure if its a like for like though.

I tried to replace mine and it snapped the injector clamp bolt so had to get the head drilled, then turned out that the injector had vacuumed itself in and was a pig to get out.

Hope yours goes smoother than mine.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Just been out and stripped mine between posts :D Injectors were tight but 5 minutes of wiggling got the 2 of them out. No issue with the clamp bolt thankfully. I'm just waiting for the seal kits to come in to VW now and hopefully I'll get it all back together later today. Then I have a guy coming to code the injector in this evening all going to plan.
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

I'm gutted for you mate, I've changed injectors myself in the past and coded etc but as Barbel correctly points out, take extreme caution not to snap the clamp bolt or the injector or its a real headache then. I wish you all the best in your quest and hope things go smoothly! My first caddy had 15k and was 6 months out of warranty. I argued that injectors were not supposed to go at this mileage and age! Mine is a Blue motion (joke or what) and vw said it was due to the emissions scandal that the injectors were failing! Rubbish! I dont agree personally. Let us know how you get on mate!

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Well after 2 warnings above, I snapped the (new from VW) injector clamp bolt putting it in :( I thought it was going to be an engine strip down job but after talking to the mechanics at a garage I work at, they gave me the number of a guy who they refer to as "Jesus" who can do miracles :D This guy makes a living from purely extracting snapped bolts in engines and as he was my only hope I was keen to get him over to take a look.

Sure enough, "Jesus" (or Tony as his friends know him 8) ) did some kind of magic and removed the snapped bolt in super quick time. He then charged me a biblical amount of cash and went on his way, but not before he fitted my injectors back in and torqued another new stretch bolt up.

Van is up and running again...praise the lord :D
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Hahaha I laugh but I'm dreading this injector issue hitting me in the backside :(
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Relieved and delighted for you mate, praise the Lord, lol

needforspeed
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by needforspeed »

Hi mate looks awesome! Are the hoses R32 or Caddy?
Bright Spark Auto Electrical
https://www.facebook.com/brightsparkautoelectrical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
needforspeed
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by needforspeed »

Sorry just seen R32! Thanks
Bright Spark Auto Electrical
https://www.facebook.com/brightsparkautoelectrical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;