My caddy build and face lift

Show off your caddy
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

Sorry about that there is a module to make everything work but this is a module made by spacewalker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Icepick1982
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Icepick1982 »

Thanks, i will look for that then.
Kind regards,
Icepick1982
hodge725
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by hodge725 »

Your Caddy is amazing, you have done some amazing work on this. hopefully, I will see it around.
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Thanks.
I was hoping to fit the rear suspension link kit this weekend but I still have almost a full tank of fuel so it looks like it will have to wait for another week or may be two

Ashley_Scribble
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Ashley_Scribble »

Cracking build this mate. Keep up the good work. Recently just bought a caddy so builds like this give me heaps of inspiration.
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Well today was the day for finally getting the link suspension fitted. Image
Unfortunately it’s definitely more than a days work and having spent the whole day working on it I still have the axel brackets on the passenger side and all the anti roll bar fixings to fit. I was able to fit the top shock absorber mounting plates with out removing the fuel tank completely which was a good thing as I did not really want to drop it all the way out just to get one plate in past it.
The kit seems to be well put together now but it’s not easy to fit as some of the tolerances are very tight which made getting some of the bolts in very hard.
Here are some photos of how far I got today. I will post some more tomorrow after it’s all finished.
ImageImageImageImage

torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Done well there Ken... Glad it's well made

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Well it’s taken me the whole day today as well to get the suspension all fitted.
It’s not something I would recommend anyone to do them selves unless they know what they are doing and have a ramp to do it on it all goes together well but some things are a very precise and tight fit making it take some time to fit.
The large bracket that bolts in to the front spring hanger is very tight to get the main bolt in. I ended up using the original leaf spring bolt and nut as it has a tapered end making it easier to get the bolt started in the hole then I wound it all the way in Image
The other bracket which was very difficult to get the bolts in was the right angle brackets that bolt onto the back of the large axel brackets Image

Apart from that most of it has gone together very well. There are ofc a few minor teething problems.
One is that the springs I have chosen are either too short or too soft a rating as I have had to wind the height adjustment up a long way to even get close to the height I want.
And the other is to do with the anti roll bar as where the kit moves the bar from the axel and places it up against the floor it fouls the exhaust system so I can’t fit it until I either modify my stainless exhaust system or figure out another position to mount it. ImageImage

torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

That's a pain about the the exhaust and arb, you would think they would of considered different exhausts

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

I think most people aren’t as fussy about the noise as I am. I have three quite large exhaust boxes in my system. Where I think most people only have a pipe at the rear.
I’m sure I will find a work around.

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Here are a couple more photos of the kits installed on my van.
ImageImageImage

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

That looks like a nice bit of kit, have you had it out for a drive yet?

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Lol yea as it’s my work van I had to get it all fitted over the weekend ready for Monday morning.
Got a couple of teething problems like my springs are too short so it’s sitting a bit too low at the moment and I need to make some alterations so I can fit the anti roll bar

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

Can you tell me what gearbox you used as I’m looking to replace mine soon at present 5 speed BLS in a maxi 2010 - can’t remember but I think you’ve got a 170 box - did this fit straight on with correct clutch parts , etc
Thanks
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
slipperjake
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by slipperjake »

This does look well made. Be nice to see some handling feedback when you have springs and arb sorted.