My caddy build and face lift

Show off your caddy
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

Long one. I’m using the mk5 golf or Passat 140 bhp gearbox. Everything g fits straight on. You need drive shafts dog bone mount and main gearbox to chassis rail mount as well as the starter and gear cables
Your std hydraulic line will also fit the concentric slave with some re bending of the pipe.

As for the suspension kit it’s working very well now and I’ve sorted out the springs and arb 250 lb springs are just a fraction stiffer than the old leaf springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

Does this mean that a O2Q 2.0 TDI JLU 6 speed box will fit a caddy maxi with a bls engine ? With matching clutch/flywheel assembly. Any advice is very welcome thanks
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Yes. You can use a golf mk5 box or the Passat one they are the same.
Believe it or not the drive shafts in the Passat are the same as the golf ones. Just don’t use the one that has the two piece drive shaft on the drivers side as the spline is unreliable.
If you want the close ratio box you can use the 170 bhp box again either the golf or the Passat will fit.
I do have a gearbox here that I’m looking to sell but it’s only the box and nothing else.

Waky
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Waky »

Any chance of a photo of the rear of the van with the camera down real low (so it shows how low some of the brackets are)?
Van looking sweet 8)
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

This photo is taken with the van jacked up and the jack is under the axel so nothing really is lower than the leaf springs were.
The lowest part is where the shock bolts to the axel clamp bracket but as this goes up and down with the wheel it’s never going to hit anything.
The only other part which might ever catch anything g is the watts linkage mount shown in the photo below. But if your van was seriously low you could always shorten the unused part a bit.
This photo is taken with the axel at only 30mm from the bumpstops

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Looks the part that does mate
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Hellawell95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hellawell95 »

Hi Ken possibly one of the best front end conversions I've seen, well done! I was just wondering what parts did you have to buy for the front end conversion, I have a 59 plate and wanted to do something similar to yours but with a golf r bumper.
Kieran.
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

I used all the facelift front end parts but I grafted the bottom half of a 2016 touran bumper onto the top half of the caddy facelift bumper I bought the correct fog lights for the touran too

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

There has been a lot of good hard work done by Ken - especially on the powerplant and suspension great attention to detail - top work
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Thanks m8. Glad you like it.
I’m hoping to get it on the rollers again soon to see if I’ve managed to brake the 300 bhp mark .

As for the new suspension set up, it’s now working very well. There is no more of that boat feeling when going over speed bumps and it feels much more stable when cruising on the motorway

Smokecaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Smokecaddy »

nice build tread... im thinking of bying the same suspension myself... what do you have as front dampers???
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Bilsteins

Pinkman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pinkman »

KenTDI140 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:25 pm Well guys I've already had my new 2007 caddy on the road for a few months so I got quite a lot of posting to do.
To start it off here is a pic of the van after I had taken off all the damaged and broken bits and pulled out the engine and gearbox ready to do a full recon on the motor and fit a 6 speed gearbox conversion. Image
Holy shit talk abount daunting :shock: fairplay dude
Caddy0802
200BHP+

Post by Caddy0802 »

KenTDI140 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:05 pm I have also stripped out all the interior and put closed cell car self adhesive sound proofing under all the carpets, inside the roof and all the sides before carpeting out the rear
ImageImage
Hi mate Where's the carpeting from and is it easy to install or do you need to know a bit?
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

It was quite easy really. I think I got it from eBay it’s a proper automotive carpet which stretches into position