Brooneye's build

Show off your caddy
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

That’s what I’m led to believe, it’s a orange flashing symbol

And also every now and then workshop oil sensor.

When it was just the oil light I dipped it and it’s fine. After speaking to the guy and then yourself ruling out the possibility of repining, do you think the same as him that it could be the wiring has chaffed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The fact that it comes and goes would say it is something along those lines.
Can you reach the loom from under the van and wiggle it about, see it you can outright make it fail. It's much easier to trace a fault that's there 100% of the time.
Maybe try by unplugging the sensor too, that'll tell you if you are in face barking up the right tree.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Thanks Doc, I’ll have to try and get it on me mates ramps as I have a undertray on, I’ll report back on my findings.

Was he right in saying that the actual sensors don’t fail that often?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Yep, I've only seen them fail when a chunk has snapped off.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Cheers Doc

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Over the last week I’ve managed to find a rear diffuser I wanted for the rear bumper, but still undecided on whether to use the existing rear bumper or go for the newer shape. Don’t know if it’s my eyes but to me the newer shape looks shallow in depth compared to the older shape.

Also managed to get a full set of golf gti calipers, carriers and disks for an absolute bargain. Now I’ve realised I may have the 50mm set up.

Once I get time to have a look properly I’ll find out for definite.

I’ve had a search through the forum and have read I will have to change from the hub - shock and springs. I take it that this is true, but as I have coilovers will I still need the shock and springs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated while I continue to read the various topics

mayday
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by mayday »

It looks awesome. I really liked your effort.
ntbg3933
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by ntbg3933 »

Inspiration for my own project!!
ntbg3933
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ntbg3933 »

Hi! Can I check what mirrors are those you gotten?
ntbg3933
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ntbg3933 »

Hi! I am getting a 2008 1.9TDI, can you point me to how to fix the new clock in and programmed it to work?

Thanks!!
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

The mirrors are off a Touran, these need quite a bit of work doing to them to get them to fit. I also bought the the door cards and mechanisms at the same time and by doing this it saved on the coding side for the indicators and door lights.

As for the clocks I bought the 2014, iirc. I also needed a wiring adapter and then the programming, coding and everything else that is required was done by a gentleman who took time out of his busy schedule called @Doc. You will find him on here, a bit of advise search on here, do as much homework as possible and then if your stuck ask the question as 9 times out of 10 the question has already been asked and replied to.

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Had this wireless reverse camera for a while

Finally had a little bit of spare time last night do made a start. Managed to get the camera into the light hole, had to swap the bulb holders over from the old to the new light, I had to file the rear door plastic housing to allow the wire through.

Jut got to solder the power and ground the correct wires and then find a suitable ground at the front.

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Had a bit of a productive afternoon yesterday.

Finally managed to sort the wireless camera out, so all is working how it should. It now switches over when reverse gear is selected and no interference on the screen.

Also just want to double check that it’s ok to use the earth and power from the cigarette lighter?

I also collected the mud flaps I ordered from Vw on Friday and these were fitted. Pleased with the fit of them, although with the van being low went over the speed bump at the bottom of my street and the fronts dragged

james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

The flaps look close to the floor looks good tho

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

How much were the flaps? Looks good