Brooneye's build

Show off your caddy
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

On Saturday I managed to fit the touran mirrors
Pretty pleased with how they have turned out and it was a bonus that the indicators worked when I plugged them in as I was under the impression that they needed coding.

The mirrors are also heated and the door card has the heated switch, can someone tell me if it's a case of pressing and holding or just press?

Also realised I hadn't posted a picture of the front seats now they are done
Both
Close up of one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Looking good.
I'm guessing you've retrofitted electric windows and the door modules have already had mirror turn signals active.

To turn on the heating, you need to turn the mirror switch to the heater symbol.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Thanks Doc, I certainly did retrofit the windows.

Regarding the mirrors it's as simple as that!!

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

After having the door cards on and off to do the mirrors and now they are finished I seen that a lot of the clips were damaged. So a quick trip to vw and I came away with a dozen new ones.

Whilst replacing them it gave me a chance to fit the passenger grab handle

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Been a bit quiet lately and had a chance to go to the breakers this afternoon in the hope of some touran wings. They had none of any use, but I did manage to pick these up

So i had a search on the good old bay and came across these

Has anyone tried using these or similar? As I was just wondering what the fit would be like or would it be better sticking with Vw wings?

Jasons6930
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Jasons6930 »

Just been reading through your build, and fantastic job i must say!

I like the look of the door entry lights, but was the connector already in place or did you fit a new loom in the door?
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

The door lights were included with door cards and regulators that I got off a Touran, if I remember correctly Tommyzoom was selling the kits to do the lights. Have a search for door light looms and he may be able to sort some for you if he is still doing them

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Had a rare day off today, so set myself the challenge of changing from a 4 button window switch to a 2 button.
Before - touran
After
Took a few searches and phone calls to a friend but finally managed it. Also fitted the new handle

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

After a lot of thinking, and seeing a similar bumper (barbels) i finally ordered a new bumper on Saturday along with a set of 2014 clocks.

So both parcels arrived today and the bumper was dropped at the Bodyshop this afternoon.

I’m now in the process of trying to source and order the grills for the bumper and the relevant parts for the clocks.

On a side note I ordered a reverse camera and the wireless kit to go with it. Has anyone used this before? Or is it similar to how the wired lead is wired in?

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

Wireless camera kit? Sounds awesome!
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

It does doesn’t it. Just a bit unsure on how to wire it as I’ve read the wired ones need a feed because the screen will pulse. So wondering if this will be the same

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Nothing major done in a while as the bumpers is still in the Bodyshop and hopefully a test fit this coming week.

In the mean time I’ve been ordering all the parts I need to complete the bumper and it doesn’t half mount up!!

Also whilst ordering parts I ordered some new windscreen jets as one was blocked and also the new rear lights. These will hopefully be fitted soon with the help of the how to Doc has put together, big thanks to him for taking the time and effort to put this together

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Looking forward to seeing your bumper when it's done mate, it'll change the look completely.

The costs certainly add up for those bumper conversions if you want to do it properly with genuine parts don't they? I estimate that mine owes me somewhere approaching £1400 all in........and I'm a painter :shock:
Instagram: @y_5cuf
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Aye your right, it’ll certainly change the front end and I can’t wait haha.

Your right about the cost currently I’m in deep, haven’t added it all up yet, and I still have parts to go. Suppose I can always ask Santa for some bits but then the other half will know the true cost

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Not much progress, still sourcing parts that I need. But over the weekend I did manage to completely rip the fly eye I have on the spare headlights whilst rummaging in the garage. Just dropped them off to be redone