Brooneye's build

Show off your caddy
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: RE: Re: Brooneye's build

Post by Doc »

brooneye wrote:Thanks Doc I appreciate that. You wouldn't be able to recommend any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send me a email, I have some that should work well in your van.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

Thanks Doc, will send an email as I'm also interested in a set of 2014 clocks if your still doing them as well

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Called last night and picked up some parts from the painters and today I gave them a clean and polish ready to put in if I get a chance to swap the dash to the touran one I picked up a few weeks ago.
Also stripped and cleaned the vents before putting them back together

phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by phil »

Looks good, any plans to seal them to help prevent scratches etc?
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Yes, I also used jet seal on them which i have always used on paint work

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Over the weekend I managed to strip the caddy dash out and get best part of the touran dash in, but I discovered I'd made s few school boy errors as the gear surround, ash tray, the bit of trim above the steering wheel and the fascia surrounding the head unit are not the same as the caddy. So had another trip to the breakers to get the parts today.

While I was there I decided to chance buying a golf mk6 mfsw, the stalks from the golf, slip ring and swcm (paid a grand total of £60 for the steering wheel and bits)

I now have to find out if the swcm is the one needed (read a lot last night and think I know what I'm doing), but still need a little guidance as to whether I also need to change the slip ring as well and also if the stalks are suitable (these have cruise control). If they are the right parts I just need to source a airbag and a new set of buttons as they came off when the airbag blew.

Any help or pointers would greatly be appreciated

Darrenp
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Darrenp »

Can you recommend any reg plate bulbs that have error correcting lads ?
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

I've been on the Ross tech link and compared the swcm and slip ring.

The one in my van is 1k0953549 lowline, the one I bought is 1k0953549cf
The old slip ring is a type 1 1k0959653 and the new is type 2 1k0959653c.

As you may be aware I'm wanting to put a golf mk6 mfsw in and eventually upgrade the cluster to a highline. I believe by reading the old posts and checking Ross tech that by swapping them over it should make the mfsw work (also with coding), so just wanted to double check that I am correct before going ahead

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You may run into a spot of bother in so far as the CF revision module is listed as not supporting a steering angle sensor, I'm 99% certain your van will have one.
Best way to find out is to strip the steering column and check. You can do this without removing the steering wheel. It's fairly obvious if there is an angle sensor fitted if you've done them before, if you want to take a photo of the slipring/stalk and control module interface area and post it up I'll tell you if there's a angle sensor fitted.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Thanks Doc, will take photos in the morning

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

Here the pictures you asked for Doc

Let me know if you need any more

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

I also forgot to to ask if the swcm is the right one will it be possible to use the stalks with cruise control? I am aware these will also need coding at some point.

Old are

1k0953519
1k0953513

New

1k0953519h
1k0953519g

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Over the weekend i managed to get the glove box and the painted parts of the dash done. I also managed to get the drivers door switched to electric windows.

I'm currently waiting for a airbag to be delivered so I can switch the wheel.

It was mentioned to me in an earlier post that the new swcm may not have an angle sensor. Could anyone describe what I'm looking for or even post a picture so I can check if my current one has it fitted?

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

After spending last night and best part of this morning reading up on swcm and the angle sensor I'm still at a complete blank. I've read on Ross tech that my old swcm 1k0953549 is a low line and has a angle sensor and that the new one 1k0953549cf is a highline without.

It states on the Ross tech that the angle sensor is on the slip ring

I'm assuming this is correct, do my questions are is it the new slip ring that is no good and I will need another or is it actually the new swcm that is no use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is seriously confusing me

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Yesterday the caddy decided it no longer wanted its gearbox mount in place resulting in it snapping 2 bolts. Ordered a new one and bolts so hopefully fitting it today