Brooneye's build

Show off your caddy
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Brooneye's build

Post by R22LRM »

Have you gone down the Touran wing route without indicators? Just wondering if they are a decent fit?

Cheers
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

I’ve got a new set of touran wings in the Bodyshop waiting to go on when it’s booked in for all the paint work, apparently they go on with no difficulties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

brooneye wrote:On Friday the van was in for the final test fit of the new bumper as i finally got all the grills together and was sent a couple of pictures of how it looks

Just got to get our heads together to sort out painting.

Also had the heater fan out, oiled it over 2 days and the smell is still there. I also ran it out of the housing and I’m certain it’s the motor.

Love the bumper if only it was available to buy Image

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Aye it’s a shame you can’t buy them, but that’s part of the fun.

Bit of a rant now as on Christmas Eve someone caught me rear bumper, made a mess of the paint and diddled off without saying or leaving any details. This is what was left for me to find

The vans booked in for a restart in a couple of weeks but I now have more costs to go on the price.

On a positive I have finally managed to fit the 2016 rear lights and have to say I’m really pleased with how they look

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Hate that!!! It's happened to my van twice in the last year right outside my house. One of the women (it's always one of the many nurses and home helps who visit my elderly neighbour on a daily basis) actually knocked on my door to tell me which was good I suppose but the other just drove off. Because this one actually had the decency to own up I just said don't worry about it. Luckily I could easily repair it myself so not a huge issue but still very annoying.

At least this has happened before your paintwork is getting done. You'd be REALLY pissed if it was after. :(
Instagram: @y_5cuf
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Nowt worse I’d have to own up straight away. That’s the only plus side it was done before the respray and it wasn’t the new front bumper otherwise I would of had a paddy and a melt down haha

james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

brooneye wrote:Nowt worse I’d have to own up straight away. That’s the only plus side it was done before the respray and it wasn’t the new front bumper otherwise I would of had a paddy and a melt down haha

Well i can allways get a mold made up for you of the front bumper Image

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

brooneye wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 am It cost me a crate of beer for a bit of help with the electrics for the windows (mates a mechanic) and a little bit of perseverance.

The pedals are off a golf gti. I paid £50 for all 3 at a breakers that’s local to me.

They did have more in and were advertising on their eBay shop. Don’t know if it’s against rules to mention the name though

Vee Dubs? Just up the road from you
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Haha open to offers.

The pedals were from them, but the last time I was in they have gone up slightly in price

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Haha, I need a wing and front bumper but I think my cam belts gone so possibly an engine too. Ouch!
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Not much to report but I did finally manage to collect 2 parcels today that have the canbus module and the new abs module. These are to be installed and coded in a weeks time in preparation for the new clocks.

Also the Bodyshop have gave me a date for Monday to start all the painting and fitting of parts.

Limbo118118
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Limbo118118 »

Do you know how to code rear LED number plate bulbs?
Insta : Limbo118118
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Sorry pal I don’t, but I’m sure Someone will be able to help you out

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

After months of having an inconsistent radio I pulled the trigger and bought myself a new one. Picked up a pioneer sph da120 and fitted it straight away. I’ve always been a fan of the pioneer range and had numerous models over the years.

Just got to drop the fascia trim off next week to be sprayed gloss black and run the arieal.

Whilst spending some dollar I decided to buy some new speakers, I opted for the new vibe slick 6” components and again I chose these as have always used vibe speakers in the past. These will be fitted when I get my van back and all the modules fitted.

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Dropped it off at the Bodyshop this morning. They are replacing both front wings, fitting the front bumper, a rear spoiler and a full respray.

Whilst there they are going to touch up the damage as I’m hopefully going to do something different with the rear bumper