Toms White caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Tdsmithuk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Toms White caddy build thread

Post by Tdsmithuk »

Mate, loving your van. Wish I'd spent more of my misspent youth working on motors, instead of raving and smoking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pearl Black Caddy Maxi Life 2.0l tdi Bluemotion 7 seater
ahauschild
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ahauschild »

Hi pal. Did you wire the heater controls in yourself or were they in from factory.
Ts1441
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Ts1441 »

Hi bud heater controls were from factory. I haven't managed to finish the back as of yet as I'm waiting on delivery for the bits and bobs, but did finally get a the confidence to look at my Touran mirrors which I have been dreading! Image Got them cut out and tacked together though ready to weld properly and strengthen,I'm surprisingly pleased with the fit Image ignore the mirror cap which is balancing for effect Image Image

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Manage to get the mirrors welded up, strengthened the backs, filled and gave them a first coat of primer ImageImage
Will give them another coat of primer, a rub down and then retexture so they look original, quite pleased with the result so far Image

Last edited by Ts1441 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M_Fellows
Caddy Fan

Post by M_Fellows »

The one thing I really want to do but I'm also dreading to try it, as hard as you thought it'd be?
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

To be honest mate it's not too bad I was a little worried about it too, but just take your time getting them cut right and you should be fine

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Mirrors finally fitted with indicators and electrica/heating functions all working, struggling to find the time on the van at the moment but determined to line the back out before winters here ImageImageImage

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Couple of small updates, slow progress but progress none the less. Iv got a set of tt speedlines to chuck on for the winter. had to fit 10mm forge spacers and longer bolts all round to get them away from the brake lines on the rear and the struts on the front, may change the colour on them or get something else as I'm still undecided on them Imagebut definitely looks better than the standard 15's Image
Also got the rear windows tinted so no peeping toms can see in the back when I have a couple bikes in there Image really pleased with how it went!
Also all the goodies have turned up from megavanmats to line the back out, hoping make a start on that next weekend Image Image

Thegreenery
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Thegreenery »

Nice mod's!!! Keep up the good work!!
Benz0187
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benz0187 »

Nice!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
________________________________________________________________Benz0187___
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Thanks Guys Image managed to get the new roof lining cut out, carpeted with hidden clips and spot lights fitted all wired up and working off the new switch in the van this afternoonImage
ImageImage
Got a reverse camera wire to route through and then I'm about ready to line the rest of the van out with carpet next weekend, hoping it absorbs some sound and adds a bit of warmth to the van Image

Tired_guy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tired_guy »

This is a great thread! i was wondering does the steering wheel fit earlier models? as in the 1.9? or is it best to stick to an older version
Mardyboy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mardyboy »

Hi Tom ,great build. Lookin forward to seeing your carpet fitting. What are you doing about your B pillars, I rang sirus for some covers, and they told me they just adapted originals, so I bought a bulkhead cheep off here (frightened to butcher mine), and had a go. It was easier than I imagined and turned out well, all be it off a Maxi, so wrong colour :roll:, but I don't know how they will be to carpet ..as I've never done any YET. Image
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Mardyboy wrote:Hi Tom ,great build. Lookin forward to seeing your carpet fitting. What are you doing about your B pillars, I rang sirus for some covers, and they told me they just adapted originals, so I bought a bulkhead cheep off here (frightened to butcher mine), and had a go. It was easier than I imagined and turned out well, all be it off a Maxi, so wrong colour :roll:, but I don't know how they will be to carpet ..as I've never done any YET. Image
Hi bud, thanks ImageI have cut mine down off of the bulkhead the same as you have, and I'm planning to carpet mine aswell. The carpet From mega van mats is what I have bought and It's super stretchy so a joy to work with, couldn't recommend them enough! I'm hoping it wont be a pig of a job...although there looks to be some quite tricky curves on them going down into where the fixing holes are, think I will be leaving them til last Image Image

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Tired_guy wrote:This is a great thread! i was wondering does the steering wheel fit earlier models? as in the 1.9? or is it best to stick to an older version
Hi mate, the same steering wheel as mine will physically fit your pre facelift model, but I'm not entirely sure if you will be able to get the wheel to communicate and make full use of the functions, so that would be something to look into before biting the bullet, I had to fit a new slipring/control module in mine to get it to work properly, but if you just want it for looks, it shouldn't be a problem at all Image