Toms White caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Ts1441
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Toms White caddy build thread

Post by Ts1441 »

Haven't posted anything in what seems like forever, finally got my arse into gear and finished the few little carpet/panel bits in the back Image
Then took her on a weekend camping! Worked a treat was super Cosey and a thousand times better than sleeping in a tent. Looking at buying some sort of awning to go over the back or side to keep dirty/wet gear etc in
Iv since started to knock up a bed frame that is easily removable and enables me to slide my bike and all my gear underneath and sleep on top. The box section on the top frame is a little overkill but I had it all lying around so thought I'd make use of it, it's surprisingly light so will do the job. Needs a few finishing touches and painting up but should do the trick for occasional use
My plan is to add a hinged panel at the far end that when down encloses everything underneath from sliding forwards toward the cab area and then I can bend over/slide the seats forward and hinge it up to create a full length sleeping area when stationary. Will update when I have completed it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeeH
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Toms White caddy build thread

Post by LeeH »

Great thread, thanks for sharing.

Could you possible do a how to with part numbers for the wheel swap? Id love a MF wheel on mine. :mrgreen:

Would this fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Go ... Sw5gxZd2LN

I changed my connect one over c/w air bag but that was easy.

Do I need new stalks too?
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Hi Lee, there was a previous thread which should help give you some clarity on the MFSW il dig it out and put the link in here for you

LeeH
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by LeeH »

Thankyou :twisted:
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
Garrigle
Caddy Fan

Post by Garrigle »

This van is sick. The same route that I want to take with my maxi. Really good work so far mate keep it up. :D
Spiff
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Spiff »

Ts1441 wrote: Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 pm Cheers lads appreciate it Image also got some leather touran door cards with switches and regulators off eBay as the previous owner had fitted aftermarket electric Windows with the switches by the gear knob and plugs in the door cards...I wasn't a fan. I managed to cut into the existing wiring which was handy but had to bolt the motors to my regulators and alter abit of wiring as the touran plug didn't fit the caddy door connector, I also had to drill and rivet the caddy regulator to accept the touran door handle support/mount. Finally made templates from caddy door cards and cut to suit. Completely forgot to take pictures of the process as I was cracking on with it but here's a picture of the finished job all working one touch and the passenger works from drivers side switch...much better :DImage

hi, must say i like your modifacations alot, nice car :)
i recently found some touran door cards i was thinking to fit to my car, any modifications needed to fit them?
Garrigle
Caddy Fan

Post by Garrigle »

Ts1441 wrote: Sat May 14, 2016 12:24 am After it was colour coded it was time to give it a bash with the lowering stick, so I ordered one of the adjustable dampening vmaxx coilover kits Image
Was all going smoothly until I went to remove the drivers side front strut where one of the captive nuts had broken away underneath the top mount, it was so rusted away that I couldn't get anything on it to hold it! Was very difficult to get access to but After a long work out holding hacksaw blades and a few swear words it finally gave way, not sure if they're hardened or not but it blunted a good few blades and was an absolute bitchImage
Fitted new top mounts to both sides for good measure and a new drop links as they had to be cut off. I then moved onto the rears, I drilled two extra holes in each shackle before fitting so I wouldn't have to remove them in the future if i wanted to go lower, Ended up setting it straight on the first hole I drilled and was pretty level with the front of the van so happy days! ImageImage
Fitted some heko wind deflectors which is a nice touch! Looks abit daft on the 16" wheels so that's the next thing to change if I can ever make my mind up Image

I went for the same coilovers on mine and had the exact same trouble! Spinning nut in the topmount that took me around two hours to get out with a lot of hard work and swearing. What do you think of the coilovers? I must say I quite like them and cant go wrong for £450 odd quid. Luckily I did the same and ordered new topmounts and droplinks so I could cut out the old one without much trouble.

:D
Bike_macklin17
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Bike_macklin17 »

Awesome looking caddy! Love the seats

Miltonian
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Miltonian »

Too nice
j5oel
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by j5oel »

Wicked build! Gonna look mint with some bigger wheels. Looking forward to see what you choose.
Garrigle
Caddy Fan

Post by Garrigle »

Ts1441 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am Hi bud heater controls were from factory. I haven't managed to finish the back as of yet as I'm waiting on delivery for the bits and bobs, but did finally get a the confidence to look at my Touran mirrors which I have been dreading! Image Got them cut out and tacked together though ready to weld properly and strengthen,I'm surprisingly pleased with the fit Image ignore the mirror cap which is balancing for effect Image Image

Alright bud, what did you use to plastic weld? Im looking into buying some of the same mirrors for mine :)
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Looking good mate

What's the process for carpeting The rears but concealing how it's kept on place? Also, what seats are they?

Thanks