Toms White caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Ts1441
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Ts1441 »

Hi guys had my caddy a couple of months now so thought I better start putting together a build thread, got myself a completely standard white 2011 1.6 tdi caddy. Relatively low spec (which will soon change :D) but did have air con and alloys. Only has 23k on the clock and is very clean definitely been looked after. going to be used for mountain biking and my every day vehicle so wanted something thats not battered... Here she is in all her glory the day I got her, i have a list of things i want to do longer than my arm :lol: ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ts1441 on Fri May 13, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

First thing I set too on was a couple of interior bits, I got my self a mk7 gti gear knob and scirocco flat bottom mfsw with red stitching too match, ImageImage
I had to fit the gti gaiter to the caddy plastic surround with a staple gun, then cut the gear stick/shaft right down to allow the smaller gti gaiter to have enough slack to select all the gears, I then used a small grub screw to hold the knob in placeImageImageImage
Next up I fitted the steering wheel and high line slip ring/control module and coded in the buttons to work with the mfd (soon to be changed for highline clocks), both these make such a difference to the feel of the cabin Image

Last edited by Ts1441 on Fri May 13, 2016 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Re: Toms White caddy build thread

Post by Ts1441 »

While gathering bits and bobs for colour coding and waiting for my spot with the paint shop I cracked on with a few more interior bits, I got some leather a5 coupe front seats for a steal and in good nic, wanted them from a 2 door so I can slide/fold them over to get to the storage behind them under the floor ! Image
Got them home gave them a good clean and condition and set about fitting them. I used the standard caddy bases and redrilled them as they seemed to sit high enough for me even though I'm a midgetImageImage
Thought I was saving time Drilling them in the van but I got metal filings stuck in all the carpet under the rear floor, which took an age to clean Image well worth it though here they are all fitted, hope to get the heated function sorted in the futureImageImageImage

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Got quite abit more to post til were up to date with where I am now, I will get on with that this evening, then will be posting regularly as I go from there

Studley11
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Studley11 »

Looking good so far :D
m8ngn
Caddy Fan

Post by m8ngn »

Looks really good mate.

Mines my daily and only used to carry my mountain bike as well.

Loving the new wheel looks spot on.

Martyn
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

Very nice. Love the steering wheel.
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Cheers lads appreciate it Image also got some leather touran door cards with switches and regulators off eBay as the previous owner had fitted aftermarket electric Windows with the switches by the gear knob and plugs in the door cards...I wasn't a fan. I managed to cut into the existing wiring which was handy but had to bolt the motors to my regulators and alter abit of wiring as the touran plug didn't fit the caddy door connector, I also had to drill and rivet the caddy regulator to accept the touran door handle support/mount. Finally made templates from caddy door cards and cut to suit. Completely forgot to take pictures of the process as I was cracking on with it but here's a picture of the finished job all working one touch and the passenger works from drivers side switch...much better :DImage

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

The last interior pieces I have done so far is the high line clocks fitted and coded, can't wait to get an rns 510 to make use of all the functions Image
Also wrapped the facia/trim around the head unit which I may redo at some point as I'm not 100 percent happy with it
ImageImage
Now onto the outside bits :D

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

Now the cab felt abit better I wanted to get the outside looking presentable, so I put in a big order at tps for everything other than the front bumper and touran/ed 30 lights which came from eBay in Germany, that included front grille and badge, touran side strips, side rail and cover, and rear bumper. Managed to get a pretty good deal on the paint as I took off every part dropped it off and refitted. I also removed the door handles, plinth above the number plate and mirror covers (aswell as touran mirrors to be welded and fitted at a later date) to be colour coded, very pleased with the results ImageImageImage

Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

After it was colour coded it was time to give it a bash with the lowering stick, so I ordered one of the adjustable dampening vmaxx coilover kits Image
Was all going smoothly until I went to remove the drivers side front strut where one of the captive nuts had broken away underneath the top mount, it was so rusted away that I couldn't get anything on it to hold it! Was very difficult to get access to but After a long work out holding hacksaw blades and a few swear words it finally gave way, not sure if they're hardened or not but it blunted a good few blades and was an absolute bitchImage
Fitted new top mounts to both sides for good measure and a new drop links as they had to be cut off. I then moved onto the rears, I drilled two extra holes in each shackle before fitting so I wouldn't have to remove them in the future if i wanted to go lower, Ended up setting it straight on the first hole I drilled and was pretty level with the front of the van so happy days! ImageImage
Fitted some heko wind deflectors which is a nice touch! Looks abit daft on the 16" wheels so that's the next thing to change if I can ever make my mind up Image

Last edited by Ts1441 on Sat May 14, 2016 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Looks really nice
chippi218
Caddy Fan

Post by chippi218 »

What kind of price was you charged to colour code all the parts. Cheers
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Love the interior touches, very smart.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Ts1441
Caddy Fan

Post by Ts1441 »

After months of no progress on the van I finally found a bit of free time to start cracking on again Image fed up with the noise when driving so next on the list is to line the back out, made a good start by going way over the top with sound deadening Image but i don't mind the slight drop in MPG's if it means I can hear myself think...insulation, carpet and flooring to follow in the coming few weeks Image ImageImageImageImage