My Scottish gas maxi build

Show off your caddy
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Scottish gas maxi build

Post by TDean122 »

Fitted the led side bars today, right side sits perfect but the left is almost touching the sill so need to sort that next weekend along with wiring up the LEDs
Attachments
image.jpg
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Mine touch the sill and have done for a few years, I removed mine a few months ago to paint them but there was no damage to the sills

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

torque777 wrote:Mine touch the sill and have done for a few years, I removed mine a few months ago to paint them but there was no damage to the sills

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
It's just annoying me that one side sits a little lower since the sill is a bit bent. Il need to either lower the other side or straighten the sill a bit
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Fitted my detachable tow bar at the weekend just got to wire it up now and fitted a new back box for the mot next moth. I'm also realising that these side bars were a bad idea with how low it is lol some speed bumps are just too big...
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Fitted a detachable tow bar and it's nice. Just need to see if it's too low to tow a car now lol. Next thing I want to do is get the Rock and roll bed finished.
caddywupz
200BHP+

Post by caddywupz »

TDean122 wrote:Finished caroeting and installed 4 led spot lights. Really starting to come together just need to upholster the rock n roll bed since it's just covered in carpet just now then load are is almost done.
How do you rte the rubber flooring? Was thinking of putting that in mine for something soft-ish but also grippy knowing the type of things I'll be getting up to (muddy and dirty most likely!). Had thought of Vinyl but think that may be too slippy...
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

caddywupz wrote:How do you rte the rubber flooring? Was thinking of putting that in mine for something soft-ish but also grippy knowing the type of things I'll be getting up to (muddy and dirty most likely!). Had thought of Vinyl but think that may be too slippy...
I like it it's definitely grippy I stapled it to the ply under neath and then went round the edges with black silicone to prevent dirt going between it. It's easy to clean that's the reason I chose this over carpet it looks good and wipes down easy or just sweep it out.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Fitted a bonnet deflector to hide the dent. Wasn't too sure if I liked it at first but it's better than a dent.
Also got the light bar lights wired up and looks good now. Just need to get the new bumper painted and on at somepoint now
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Took the van down the 1/4 mile and the best out of 6 try's was 17.4 seconds at 76mph and a 0-62 in just over 10 seconds. Looks like it's time for a hybrid turbo not bad for a maxi considering the new gt86s were doing it in around 15.9 seconds
TheGardener.ie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by TheGardener.ie »

So many deadly colours in the UK, in Ireland it's all fairly standard :oops:
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Well today while going for a drive the clutch master cylinder decided to give up AGAIN this time in the middle of a roundabout... Well managed to get it home without being able to disengage the clutch it was a mission anyway. Got it all stripped and with it being a Sunday finding a cylinder was difficult but managed to source a new one. Got it fitted and went to bleed it stuck pressure bleeder on and fluid pissing out the connection for the hydraulic line...

Took it off and after some research I found it was missing the seal after many hours trying to find the seal and trying to use o rings I then lost the seal for the feed pipe too. So hopefully tomorrow I can get new seals at VW and get it working since it wasn't a good day today :mad:
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Finally got the bumper colour coded with gloss black grilles can't believe the change
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
TobyMTDI
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by TobyMTDI »

Looks mint! I'm looking at getting a maxi and wasn't keen on the scottish/british gas blue, but this looks great with the colour coded bumper and I think the window sticker helps too
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Been a while since I last updated.
Recently removed the egr and dpf then had a new custom map put on the van what a difference the new map has made.
Also managed to get both side rail covers for free so will be painting them soon
Not done much else other than maintenance replaced a rear wheel bearing, drop links and a calliper stiill need to re paint all the calipers tho
Attachments
image.jpg
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Where's that pic taken?