My Scottish gas maxi build

Show off your caddy
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

My Scottish gas maxi build

Post by TDean122 »

Hi, I've had my 2011 caddy maxi ex gas van quite a while now since moving up from my mk2 caddy. My 3rd caddy and I've never even owned anything other than a caddy yet lol.

I got my van with 140k on it but it runs perfect there body is good for what it is, just a dent in bonnet and some stone chips that's all.
image.jpg
The first thing I done to the van was gut it of all the racking and start building a rock and roll bed from scratch
image.jpg
image.jpg
I got it fitted I decided to bolt it in to the mounts for life seats so I can easily remove it if I ever needed to put my bike in the back. I Then got to removing the bulkhead once I'd done this I started sound defending and insulting I then cut only for the windows. And got some heavy duty rubbery flooring checkered plate style for the floor so it's easy to keep clean.
Last edited by TDean122 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Re: My Scottish gas maxi build

Post by TDean122 »

After doing a little to the inside to get it ready for the carpeting I decided I needed to take the gas van look away now. First I added a simple Volkswagen sticker to the top of the window this stopped other gas vans waving lol. Then I bought some BBS CH wheel (replicas) with really good falken tyres and stuck them on
image.jpg
image.jpg
It then made it look like a monster truck so after some time I finally got a cheap JOM lowering kit which I'm actually really happy with but what a pain to fit. I also painted the calipers yellow while I was at it.
image.jpg
But honestly the result was amazing I'm so happy with how it looks now just need the bumpers colour coded
Last edited by TDean122 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Lowest setting all around has a nice stance about it now. Hopefully get bumpers done soon but don't know if I should get a r20 bumper mk7 golf R bumper or just use the standard with a lip which would be fully easier
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by TDean122 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

forgot to mention I installed pressed plates just after the wheels. Last weekend I got some Audi TT vents and fitted them they aren't perfect but I'm happy with them and they look better than originals. I've also carpeted all the inside just waiting to get the rest of the longer clips then il share some photos
Attachments
image.jpg
Gresley
Hyper Poster

Post by Gresley »

Good work so far. Will make a big difference colour coding the bumpers. Like the purpose of the VW sticker haha.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Thanks just doing little things at a time really want to do a golf r bumper like you have but not got the money just now for the bumpers and don't want to muck it up either haha
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Finished carpeting and installed 4 led spot lights. Really starting to come together just need to upholster the rock n roll bed since it's just covered in carpet just now then load are is almost done.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by TDean122 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Done a few small things today, first I sealed all the flooring in the back to stop sand or dirt going down the gaps. I then decided to try make the gear knob look a little better by painting the numbers, well It turned out good I'd say.
Attachments
image.jpg
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Some nice mods so far
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Done a service today and picked up a can of colour matched paint to do some little things. Separated my badge and painted the black part then painted the air box and part of the intake along with dip stick and coolant bottle cap. Just need to get a engine cover now and paint a few little other parts and it should look nice and clean.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Not updated this in a while. Since I've last posted I have had the van remapped and the limiter removed now sitting at around 140bhp. Then 2 new tyres for it I also had the van break down unfortunately recently the clutch master cylinder went but a day later I fitted it and was all fine again. I also bought a engine cover and painted it looks a bit tidier now
image.jpg
And the most recent thing I've done is got a set of chrome side bars with led lights waiting to fit I've also ordered a new bumper to colour code along with a splitter so the van should start to look a lot different.

Plenty plans for 2017 hopefully

Rear bumper colour code
Roof wrapped black
New bonnet
Seats
Hybrid turbo and another remap
Clutch

But before any of that its got a issue with a clunk sort of loose steering feel I suspect it's the steering rack but time will tell.
M333SHJ
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by M333SHJ »

Colour coded Bay looks well mate you paint it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life.
So get wasted all the time, and have the time of your life. :roll:
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Looks nice mate, what size wheels and tyres did you go for and what drop on the springs?
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

M333SHJ wrote:Colour coded Bay looks well mate Image you paint it yourself?

Thanks, Yep had a spray can of colour matched paint made up and done it all myself, I painted the black on the engine cover as it had faded and went grey like but it's reacted so need to give it another paint later on but it's not noticeable just now.
Maxi4life wrote:Looks nice mate, what size wheels and tyres did you go for and what drop on the springs?
they are 18" et45 running falken 225/40/18 they look really nice with a tiny bit stretch. I've got a JOM lowering kit and its on the lowest setting all round if I remember right it's about 100mm drop.
Harry2k
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Harry2k »

Love the bay. Nice touch

H