Re: My Scottish gas maxi build

Post by TwT_SoP »

Very nice car mate!
TonyC
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by TonyC »

fiveacres wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:14 pm Van looks ace!
What did you do to cover your aerial holes up?
I'd also be interested to know what you done with these bud?
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Looking good this one and I bet it makes the BG engineers chuckle when they see it
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

TonyC wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm [quote=fiveacres post_id=264716 time=<a href="tel:1506032081">1506032081</a> user_id=17383]
Van looks ace!
I'd also be interested to know what you done with these bud?
[/quote]
fiveacres wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:14 pm Van looks ace!
I only had 1 Ariel and nothing else no vent or that on the roof the only reason I went with this van in the end higher miles but body was fairly clean apart from a dented bonnet hence the deflector. If I were to remove the rear Ariel I haven't already as I don't want a leak but best way would be just simply put a grommet in the hole but add a little sealer to prevent it leaking.
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Maxi4life wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:55 pm Looking good this one and I bet it makes the BG engineers chuckle when they see it
I thought getting the bumper painted would stop the waving... I was wrong :lol:
Spoke to a few British gas workers and they hate there vans haha
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

TDean122 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm I thought getting the bumper painted would stop the waving... I was wrong :lol:
Spoke to a few British gas workers and they hate there vans haha
I bet they hate their vans, tablets, Uniform, KPI's, getting called to drive miles away when someone else is nearer to the job. I'll bet they just hate BG all together haha
BedazzledBlue
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BedazzledBlue »

Just wanted to say what a amazing job! Great looking van :mrgreen:

Just bought my first Caddy and it ex BG so I got something to inspire me now!
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

BedazzledBlue wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 am Just wanted to say what a amazing job! Great looking van :mrgreen:

Just bought my first Caddy and it ex BG so I got something to inspire me now!
Thanks! So much I want to do but so little money :roll:
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Got the caddy a Christmas present :D some powerflex bushes for the front alloy arms and engine mount along with new ball joints. Just waiting on the ARB bushes and the large engine mount. Arms got a nice coat of Audi Dakota grey I know it won't last long but I like fitting nice parts :lol: just got the subframe to clean up and paint now and fit the console bushes when the consoles show up
Attachments
IMG_5071.JPG
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan

Post by Limbo118118 »

Love the look of your van very similar to how i want to get one looking! Out of interest how much did it cost to get your bumper colour coded? And also what from lip/splitter is that? Looks nice!
Insta : Limbo118118
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Limbo118118 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:33 am Love the look of your van very similar to how i want to get one looking! Out of interest how much did it cost to get your bumper colour coded? And also what from lip/splitter is that? Looks nice!
Thanks, I got a bumper in primer from euro car parts for £140
Then a top no bottom grille as these were mounded into the old bumper £65 for both
Then I had them painted with grilles done gloss black this cost me £350 although i had a cheaper quote for just the bumper
The splitter is from triple R composites
Also I had to buy a extra part for the bumper I found it on eBay was called a touran front spoiler it's a little undertray connects bottom of bumper to the van you will need this to fit the splitter
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan

Post by Limbo118118 »

Ah ok cheers fella! Im looking at doing the same as its a nice an clean looking front end!
Insta : Limbo118118
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Limbo118118 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:58 pm Ah ok cheers fella! Im looking at doing the same as its a nice an clean looking front end!
My centre lower grille is chipping already wish I hadn't got them painted but looks great with black grilles
lavinl30
100BHP+

Post by lavinl30 »

Hi bud. I’m the same with same ex Bg caddy.
I’ve just ordered my carpet, sound deadening and insulation. How did you do the roof? I think out of everything that’s going to be the hardest. At the minute I’ve still got bulkhead in but that will be coming out before I ply and line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

lavinl30 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:23 pm Hi bud. I’m the same with same ex Bg caddy.
I’ve just ordered my carpet, sound deadening and insulation. How did you do the roof? I think out of everything that’s going to be the hardest. At the minute I’ve still got bulkhead in but that will be coming out before I ply and line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, the roof isn't actually the easiest I'd say, I assume you have the sort of thin hardboard roof liner already?
If so first thing is remove it the trim part in the middle of the 2 pieces just pulls off then remove all the clips around the panel.

When you have the panels off I laid them down on the carpet and cut it leaving about a inch extra around it. The front of the panel is cutout for the bulkhead so I left a lot extra at this bit so I could fold it over to cover the cut outs

I also added a vw logo to the centre i glued this on first with tiger seal. Then gave the panel a good coating of the spray glue making sure to get all around the logo then worked the carpet starting at the logo out to get it all nice and no creases it's very easy stuff to work with.

Then flip it over and spray some glue round the edges of the back of the panel and fold the carpet over pulling it tight. I folded the end at the front over but didn't stretch it.

Finally I done the same with the centre trim part, to refit the panel you will need the extra long clips from megavanmats you will need them for all the panels you carpet I used a sharp knife and cut X's in all the holes for the clips.

For the centre trim section you will need longer clips I used these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-EXTRA-LONG ... SwPe1UKXoY it is very tight to go on but it dose work

Also if you are adding spotlights mark where you want them and drill them before you carpet the panels and do all the wiring before you put the headliner up.

Another tip if your running anywires to the rear do it before you carpet your van or you will regret it like me lol