My new Caddy 4 build thread

Show off your caddy
Scrabby67
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Re: My new Caddy 4 build thread

Post by Scrabby67 »

Gaj69 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:33 am Thanks Stan,
I understand 2 kits are available, a 35 and 45 mm drop, VW say they only supply the 35mm kit, I don't want to void any future warranty claim. Did VW fit yours and can remember what kit was fitted, a part number would be great.
Thanks Gaj 69
There are 2 Eibach kits available as far as I'm aware. The Pro Kit drops it 45mm - Part N/O: E10-85-019-02-22 and Sportline Kit that drops it 60mm - Part N/O: E20-85-019-02-22.
I think the 45mm kit is the one VW fit so I went with that on my 2017 van. It's not as low as I'd like but like you I don't want any warranty problems.
Sorry if I answered a question you asked someone else but as I was reading the thread and you are in the same situation I was in I thought I'd answer.
Gaj69
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Gaj69 »

Hi Scrabby67,
That's spot on, thanks for the information, I'm assuming this is what Stan has fitted and as you point out it's maybe not as low as we would like but don't want any warranty issues going forward, also I'm not a teenager anymore and need to show the wife that I'm a responsible adult and parent. :P
Any pictures of your van lowered would be appreciated, what size wheels are you on.
Stan, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Thanks All
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

Thats not a problem at all :)

I will check the part number of mine as I have the box still at home. Its perfect now in my eyes but I'll be putting 18"s soon so hopefully it will be great as well
Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

That would be great Stan thanks, I'm going to book it in next week for a service and lowering.
I got 2 free services with the van but the wife does not know so I will just say it was a really expensive first service. :lol:
I may also go bigger with the wheels at some point, like the Rotiforms but so expensive.
Shame VW don't offer an 18 inch option for the Caddy.
Thanks again for the responses, great to know people are willing to help out with this sort of stuff.
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

I'll be home in few hours so will have a look around the box. I should have the invoice too so part number should be on it. Yes I've been looking for wheels for ages and finally found a set I think should be good.
I've tried new passat B8 Dartford 18" wheels but et is just wrong and they were sticking out too much .
The new wheels should be spot on I hope.
There's great site for checking offsets et etc

will they fit dot com

You can input your setup and new setup together and it will say how much more they will poke out to original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scrabby67
Caddy Fan

Post by Scrabby67 »

Gaj69 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:36 am Hi Scrabby67,
That's spot on, thanks for the information, I'm assuming this is what Stan has fitted and as you point out it's maybe not as low as we would like but don't want any warranty issues going forward, also I'm not a teenager anymore and need to show the wife that I'm a responsible adult and parent. :P
Any pictures of your van lowered would be appreciated, what size wheels are you on.
Stan, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Thanks All
I'll add a photo of mine early this coming week. I've fitted the front springs but haven't had time to fit the rear kit yet, should get time to do it Tuesday.
I'm on the standard VW Canyon alloys at the moment but do want to go down the 19" alloy route to fill the arches a bit more but can't decide which wheels to go for, I do want to stick with genuine VW wheels though.
Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

Thanks Scrabby67, look forward to the pics as I have the same alloys as you currently.
Thanks Graham
Scrabby67
Caddy Fan

Post by Scrabby67 »

stan-the-man wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:51 pm I'll be home in few hours so will have a look around the box. I should have the invoice too so part number should be on it. Yes I've been looking for wheels for ages and finally found a set I think should be good.
I've tried new passat B8 Dartford 18" wheels but et is just wrong and they were sticking out too much Image.
The new wheels should be spot on I hope.
There's great site for checking offsets et etc

will they fit dot com

You can input your setup and new setup together and it will say how much more they will poke out to original.

Hi Stan,
You say the Passat wheels were wrong. I'm looking for some Genuine wheels and after reading all the forum about offset etc I'd have thought the Dartford wheels Et44 would be perfect. What would you say would fit best then, I'm looking at the Passat Albertville 19 x 8 ET41 but am worried they wouldn't fit.
Thanks, Andrew
Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

I would be interested to know what the wheel centres to arch measurement is when ifitted with the Eibach kit fitted. Mine is currently 425mm rear and 390 At the front. I think it's been factory lowered at the front but nothing on the rear.
Thanks Graham
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

For me they just stick out too much if I'm honest Image

I went for 7.5x18 et45

stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

This the eibach kit I got Image

Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

Thanks Stan much appreciated
Scrabby67
Caddy Fan

Post by Scrabby67 »

Gaj69 wrote:I would be interested to know what the wheel centres to arch measurement is when ifitted with the Eibach kit fitted. Mine is currently 425mm rear and 390 At the front. I think it's been factory lowered at the front but nothing on the rear.
Thanks Graham
Finished mine this morning and here's a photo as promised.
Measures 375mm on front and 380mm on the rear from wheel centre to wheel arch with the 45mm Eibach kit.
The only extra thing I added was some strengtheners to the rear shackles because they look like they are going to flex too much being a lot lot longer than the originals. 2" aluminium round bar 84mm long with 12.5mm hole for bolt and bolted through the shackle on the highest available hole, they are available to buy on the internet but I made mine at work. The rear shackles are set on the lowest hole to give the highest height so you could go a lot lower on the rear.
Andrew

Scrabby67
Caddy Fan

Post by Scrabby67 »

Thanks for the wheel info Stan, I agree I think they do stick out a bit much. Might leave mine for a while, I'd like some 19" but am happy with how it looks for now now that it's lowered but I'm sure that will change!
Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

Thanks Andrew,
Much appreciated, looks great are you happy with the ride height, may drop a little yet when bedded in, reckon the 45 mm kit is the safe bet for all round comfort and practicality.
Thanks to both you and Stan for your help with this.
Graham