Reflex silver caddy

Show off your caddy
User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 pm

My 2015 Caddy progress build.....

Image
Day i got it.

Image
Roof bars added

Image
Side Bars added.

Image
Stripped out ply

Image
Image
Image
Image
added dynamat and put the ply back in.

Image
Deleted The wiper.

Image
Image
Image
BBS Cs-5 17" alloys, front mud flaps and heko wind deflectors.

Added the rear mud flaps now, and want to lower it but not sure on what route to go down. Any help on lowering would be good? I use it for work and carry a bit of weight so need it to still be practical.
Thanks for looking!

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Some new additions this morn.

Image
Off ebay really make a big difference to the sound levels and heat!

Image
Image
Before and after with the new sliding door rail. Well pleased

Jasons6930
100BHP+
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:35 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)
Location: UK

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Jasons6930 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Did you have any errors when you removed the wiper and unplugged the motor?

And also, what/where did you get the grommet to fill the wiper hole?

Cheers!

:D

User avatar
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)
Location: Donegal

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by tommyzooom » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Very nice :D

Big Pimp
200BHP+
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57 pm
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Big Pimp » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Smart looking van mate

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Jasons6930 wrote:Did you have any errors when you removed the wiper and unplugged the motor?

And also, what/where did you get the grommet to fill the wiper hole?

Cheers!

:D
No none at all, just unplugged it and bunged up the washer line up with a plug, then taped it up. Was messing on with VCDS one night then cancelled it out too. Got the bung from halfords 25mm I think then used some tiger seal on the inside to seal it

Jasons6930
100BHP+
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:35 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)
Location: UK

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Jasons6930 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:13 am

MattMan wrote:No none at all, just unplugged it and bunged up the washer line up with a plug, then taped it up. Was messing on with VCDS one night then cancelled it out too. Got the bung from halfords 25mm I think then used some tiger seal on the inside to seal it
Great stuff.

Thanks.

:)

Kelvin77
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:58 pm
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Kelvin77 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:57 am

Hello mate
Do you know the sellers name for the Perspex on the bulkhead?
Thanks Kelvin

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 am

Kelvin77 wrote:Hello mate
Do you know the sellers name for the Perspex on the bulkhead?
Thanks Kelvin
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252585050038? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the listing has ended atm. I believe its tommyzooom from this site. :)

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Dont know if anyone can help me out here. Im trying to swap my sidelights/drls to led. The bulbs are P21/5w 380 bayonets. Iv bought expensive ones cheap ones but all throw an error on the dash even tho all the bulbs iv tried work without any flickering?? I just want the warning light on the dash gone. Iv read the only way to do it is to fir resistors to the loom or something, but i dont wanna void any warranty's. Anybody know of any the work without error? Cheers.

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Image

Engine cover delivered 2day with two mounts off ebay! Gonna give the engine bay a good clean this weekend as well as its weekly wash and wax.

User avatar
Grunt
Caddy Fan
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Grunt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:32 pm

MattMan wrote:Image

Engine cover delivered 2day with two mounts off ebay! Gonna give the engine bay a good clean this weekend as well as its weekly wash and wax.
Can I ask how are you going to clean the engine bay. It may sound daft, but last time I did anything like that, was with degreaser and a power wash... On a mini about 25 years ago....



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Grunt wrote:Can I ask how are you going to clean the engine bay. It may sound daft, but last time I did anything like that, was with degreaser and a power wash... On a mini about 25 years ago....



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats how im gonna do it, wrap up any electrical parts so they cant get wet. Hit it with a pressure washer then degreaser, pressure wash off. got some detailing spray to finish off the black shiny bits like air box n engine cover.

User avatar
Grunt
Caddy Fan
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by Grunt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 pm

MattMan wrote:
Thats how im gonna do it, wrap up any electrical parts so they cant get wet. Hit it with a pressure washer then degreaser, pressure wash off. got some detailing spray to finish off the black shiny bits like air box n engine cover.
All this technology over the past 20 odd years and we still detailing engine bays in the same way.....lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
MattMan
100BHP+
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Reflex silver caddy

Post by MattMan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:45 pm

Grunt wrote:All this technology over the past 20 odd years and we still detailing engine bays in the same way.....lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha if there is a new way man please enlighten me!

Post Reply