My van.... the before (and now after) pictures

Show off your caddy
Big Pimp
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

My van.... the before (and now after) pictures

Post by Big Pimp »

Following on from my introduction thread, I've only gone and done it!

Picked up my van this morning. Have had a nice drive back home and so far very impressed. It seems very frugal although it is definitely low on power. That'll soon be sorted with a remap along with egr delete.

Surprises found so far:

Mk5 GTi or some kind of sports seats with bigger bolsters
Fully ply lined and carpeted
Plastic bulkhead with grilles
One of the updated touchscreen head units

And brucies bonus - running the eibach springs already!

Got a full van service kit so I'll change air filter, oil filter, fuel filter and pollen filter.

Picked up my 19" Helios for it, and also a sport front bumper. I need some help identifying it as I need to grab the fog lights and covers which are missing.

Plans so far are wind deflectors, spoiler and some the bulkhead windows from tommyzoom. Also get the side rail cover. Then it's all going for paint and get the wheels fitted.
Interior wise either S3 vents or just the wee aluminium rings for them. Also aluminium switches for the heater controls.
Mk5 gti pedals and a near gear knob are on the cards too.

Also an engine cover - think a mk5 fits?
Would love a smaller sportier steering wheel also. Any recommendations?

Pictures for anyone who is interested in a plain caddy van!

Seats. Not sure if model taken from?

Different head unit (again, don't know model number)

Sport / Touran front bumper?
I picked this up for £40 but need the fog lights and covers for it. Can anyone help me with what I actually do need?

Thanks for looking
Last edited by Big Pimp on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenMiller692
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My van.... the before pictures!

Post by BenMiller692 »

Looks nice mate, some nice upgrades there already. That stereo looks like an RCD510, I had the same one in my mk6 GTI, something I am looking to get for my Caddy also :D
Big Pimp
200BHP+

Post by Big Pimp »

Can anyone help me with the replacement front bumper I have.

Is it a caddy bumper?

I want to get the correct fog lights and covers for it but need a bit of help.

Thanks
Caddyko
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Caddyko »

Nice build !
Big Pimp
200BHP+

Post by Big Pimp »

Caddyko wrote:Nice build !
Thank you mate. For something that has started out as a 'cheap van' (and I did get it for a great price) it will be getting the guts of another £2k put into it (painting, wheels, service and remap)

Still will be a cheap van though and will hopefully do all I need it to!
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

For fogs you need:

5K0 941 699 F fog light
5K0 941 700 F fog light
N 911 329 01 x 2 screw

My laptop crashed so couldn't get the grilles part numbers but can get them bit later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Pimp
200BHP+

Post by Big Pimp »

stan-the-man wrote:For fogs you need:

5K0 941 699 F fog light
5K0 941 700 F fog light
N 911 329 01 x 2 screw

My laptop crashed so couldn't get the grilles part numbers but can get them bit later

Stan, you really are the man!

Very much appreciated!
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

You can actually get complete kit on eBay as well. Not sure how OEM it is but comes with all bits, fogs, loom grilles switch etc :)

Big Pimp
200BHP+

Post by Big Pimp »

I'm a real dummy as this is my first van, so could you confirm that this is the kind I should be looking at?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171308249941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

Something like that if you like the chrome rings on the grilles. There's kits with loom and switch as well. ;)

Big Pimp
200BHP+

My van.... the before pictures!

Post by Big Pimp »

So, as most on here know I picked up a caddy in October last year with the intention of using it for work and as opposed to driving round in my Jaaaaaggg all then time and generally using it like a van!

I was originally looking at a pre facelift caddy but @lightning let me know his brother was selling a facelift version so I took a drive up to see it and a deal was done.

My intentions was always to lower it, stick on a set of wheels and just drive it..... but like most of us on here who are modifiers at heart, I just couldn't let it sit standard for too long.

A few of the usual VW mods were planned for some stage in the future of the ownership like a seat swap, HU upgrade and lining the back.

Luckily, the previous owner Darren had already fitted eibach springs, lined and carpeted the back and changed the seats for me already so that left a couple of other ideas.

I got speaking to a local guy, Stevie Stratton who has painted lots of cars for friends etc. and after getting a good look at some of his work and his workshop, I was more than happy for him to give it a full colour change. When he finally got round to starting it the amount of dents, knocks and bumps was unreal. It required a new bonnet and a lot of work! Stevie is a perfectionist and his work has really paid off.

I then bought a few items for it with the intention of the end result to be subtle but effective and to look like the other work van I picked and styled at the same time.

I bought an R32 style rear bumper. Got a super deal on a sport front bumper with fog lights from gumtree and a set of LED side bars. A roof spoiler and a side rail cover finishes off the aesthetics.

I also managed to get a set of genuine smoked rear lamps for it which are red/smoked/smoked/red as opposed to red & clear. A smoked 3rd brake light and smoked side repeaters finished off the lighting.

Finally, I have upgraded every single bulb, interior and exterior to LED.

I got the phone call today to tell me it was ready for collection and I couldn't wait to get home to collect it!

Only plans left for it now are to give it a service and then an exhaust to suit the rear bumper. I'll also get it signwritten to stay in keeping with the other work van and I think it'll be pretty close to the photoshop @Rocko made for me.

So enough prattle. Here's a few pictures. All taken tonight upon collection from his shed.
weather dependant I'll hopefully get a few nice day time shots tomorrow but I'm more interested in getting the inside valeted with George!

My first glimpse tonight

And some of the finished article..... for now!

So there we are!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Looks great, we've got quite a few black vans on here yet they are next to impossible to find for sale. Love what you've done.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Big Pimp
200BHP+

Re: My van.... the before pictures.... and now afters!!

Post by Big Pimp »

thanks Doc.

I've got a real thing for black, and couldn't find one for sale within budget, so I made my own!
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My van.... the before (and now after) pictures

Post by tommyzooom »

Nice dude.... 8) 8) 8)
I've the same wheels, but somehow they look bigger on a black one?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Big Pimp
200BHP+

Re: My van.... the before (and now after) pictures

Post by Big Pimp »

Thank you mate. Could be a combo of the black and eibach springs make them look bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro