Ply Lining Kits

Show off your caddy
ziehmstephen
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Ply Lining Kits

Post by ziehmstephen »

Hi there folks

Planning a camper conversion for an Ex British Gas Caddy Maxi.
I was planning on ply lining it myself, but I had a quick look on ebay and found some ply lining kits for about £140 which seems like a pretty good deal as ply isn't that cheap and Ply lining is time consuming.

Anyone used any particular kits that they would recommend?

Thanks
Sean
Mikado
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Ply Lining Kits

Post by Mikado »

I've just installed a kit from http://plyliningservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in a Kombi.

Definitely worth it for the side panels as it would have been very time consuming making patterns etc. The Kombi comes with quite a thick loadspace floor covering which I wanted to leave in. Problem is the floor sections with the kit are a bit thin on top of this so flex when you put weight on them. The other problem is the floor is in two parts, but only a small part of one floor section is wider than 4', so with a slight compromise just behind the rear seats it could have been made from one 8'x4' piece.

I plan to make a single floor from thicker ply. The original floor from the kit will be a useful template and will end up being recycled for other stuff.
ziehmstephen
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by ziehmstephen »

Grand, thanks for the advice.

Sean
Slidepods
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Slidepods »

We will soon be programming the CNC for ply lining panels keep an eye on our build thread over the next few weeks to see what they will be like.
Slidepods
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Slidepods »

Just to give you al idea of what our kits will be like here is what we do lining wise in a transporter. We hope to achieve similar in tge caddy :D

It goes without saying that some details from oir lining are only available when fitted in house such as our courtesy light upgrade, one peice roof, panel embossing and smoothed speaker rings but aside from those details you can still achieve the same style of finish as we do "in house" using hidden trim fixings etc etc
Yamboy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Yamboy »

Slidepods - that is a good looking interior! I'm planning to go down this route on my Maxi, carpet the metalwork then attach carpeted panels with hidden fixings. On my T5 I made the panels myself but I fancy some CNC'd panels so the fit is perfect in the Maxi, let me know if you start producing them
BenHolmes21
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BenHolmes21 »

Slidepods wrote:We will soon be programming the CNC for ply lining panels keep an eye on our build thread over the next few weeks to see what they will be like.
Any update on the slide pods ply lining kit? Interested to see the finished product :D
Slidepods
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Slidepods »

not yet I'm afraid. I am struggling to find any time to work on the caddy currently as we are just so busy. Our conversion workshop is currently fully booked until about April/May at the moment.
Kamakazie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kamakazie »

Slidepods wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:47 pm not yet I'm afraid. I am struggling to find any time to work on the caddy currently as we are just so busy. Our conversion workshop is currently fully booked until about April/May at the moment.
Any further progress or has this been put on the back burner?

Any other good kits out there?
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

I'm also looking for a kit