Building a working maxi

Show off your caddy
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Building a working maxi

Post by the long one »

How are your tyres behaving as need to replace mine - current ones are altenzos 235/35/19 but can’t seem to find them anymore (well not in that size) thanks 🙏
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Tyres are pretty good but in the wet it doesn't take much pushing to make them let go and I don't have a remap yet. I think I'll get some more expensive next time and replace the fronts and rears separately.

for £75 I've had branded dunlops on a lupo gti that felt just as bad in the wet. For just getting on the road with cheap they are fine. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

There doesn’t seem to be much choice when having a rear axle load of 1300kg
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

True it doesn't seem to be a popular size at that weight rating.

You can get some midrange Hankook's which seem to get good reviews for the price point
https://www.4x4tyres.co.uk/235-35-19-ha ... r=2#middle
Last edited by Maxi4life on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Pity there’s only one there
Got to change a clutch on mine as well now 6 speed here we come - great timing
Last edited by the long one on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Yeah not great. Hopefully they get some stock soon. It might be worth contacting them, I did get a good fast service from them.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

I looked on the hankook website which says that the Ventus S1 evo2 (K117) variant is a 93y in a 235/35/19

If you do a google search for the k117's there seems to be many available but all are listed as 91y which it seems they are not, and that link to 4x4 tyres stated 95y which they are not. It might be worth ringing around a few sellers to find out.

Hankook site says 93y
http://www.hankooktire.com/uk/passenger ... -k117.html

Hope this helps as I think that I'd be looking at this tyre myself.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

the long one wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm Pity there’s only one there
Got to change a clutch on mine as well now 6 speed here we come - great timing
Are you changing to a six speed? is that a straight forward thing to do?
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Yes looking to upgrade from a 5 speed to 6 speed as the clutch requires replacement
I’m told that it “should be straight forward “ but never happens like that- there’s always something else
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Yeah it can be a real headache. I think that the wheels and tyres have been the worst bit for me though. Trying to find that perfect combo is an absolute mission haha. Good luck.

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Went for the vw motorsport 8J x 19 with 235/35/19 93 rated altenzos (Aussie made) with bilstein b8 all round with eibach sportline (did try eibach prokit but not low enough) ride nice and smooth for something with 19” and also being lowered. Still could always go to 20” rims mmmm
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Yeah 60mm it's a good height. Doesn't quite look as amazing as coilovers but I've had them on a previous car and you just end up winding them right down and before you know it speedbumps are a major issue and curbs when parking and scraping. It's no way to enjoy driving when you're so low it becomes a major thing in your life to deal with.

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Worrying about curbing your wheels is bad enough let alone worrying about loosing your oil sump. It's part of the reason why I ended up selling because it was such a mission just to drive anywhere.

dubber72
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by dubber72 »

Hi great build thread. are your rear seats quick release and do they fold forward as looking at putting seats into the back of my caddy. could you put up some pictures with the seats folded forward as want to see how much room you have with the seats in and out. :D
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

dubber72 wrote:Hi great build thread. are your rear seats quick release and do they fold forward as looking at putting seats into the back of my caddy. could you put up some pictures with the seats folded forward as want to see how much room you have with the seats in and out. :D
Yeah they are out of a 2016 caddy life. They fold down and can be rolled forward or removed. You probably loose about a foot and a half when rolled forward as opposed to standard panel van.ImageImage