Building a working maxi

Show off your caddy
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Building a working maxi

Post by Maxi4life »

Been looking at outdoor revolution inflatable awnings/tents for camping with the kids they look great.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
hermitsrest
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by hermitsrest »

Let us know what you end up sourcing for awning/tent as I'm interested in that too for later on.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Will do, the one im looking at is 900 quid but they seem to sell off last season stuff for half that so I'll look at buying before the season after next.

hermitsrest
100BHP+

Post by hermitsrest »

On another build thread, someone had sourced a Sunncamp Silhouette Motor 225 awning - they seem to retail at between 200-300 quid depending on where you get them from. There was a picture http://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic. ... r&start=30 - looks like it fits well. I've added it to my "nice-to-have" list. ;)
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Yeah I saw that, that's what put me on to the idea. There's five of us so was looking for something a bit bigger. Thinking of having a blow up double bed in the van and then set up camp in the tent.
https://youtu.be/ro9afILEcsc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hermitsrest
100BHP+

Post by hermitsrest »

Ahh, I see. There's only 3 of us and with the little'un in the pop up, I'm hoping to have space for a kitchenette along the wall behind the single rear passenger seat. That way we'd hopefully be good for touring as well as campsite stays.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Ahh yeah that sounds cool kinda mini t5 syle. Would love a full on camper but need the van for work as well. While were on the subject do you or anyone else know what kind of kit you'd need to run an electrical hook up to an extension lead in your tent?

hermitsrest
100BHP+

Post by hermitsrest »

Definitely not my area but hopefully someone else can help. I'd be interested in the answer too.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Haha turned out to be a silly question. One Google shows you the kit for this is very commonly available for about 30-50 quid.

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Trial fitted the new wheels. Bit tight but looks like they'll go on :D

Image3

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Got the wheels on today. Seems to be lots of fear around these parts about fitting non standard stuff. Tyre place told me the wheels wouldn't fit and I'd need spacers so they refused to fit them :( That stressed me out until I got home and found that they do fit with plenty of room to spare :lol:

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Out of interest, what tyres did your tyre place sell you?
I suspect they refused to fit the wheels because maybe the load rating on the tyres isn't sufficient and they save themselves from any liability by refusing to fit them on the vehicle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

A good theory Doc although I supplied the tyres. The brand I've never heard of before 'Zeta' Alventi are just budget tyres but are 93 rated to 650kg each for just £75 a corner. Turns out it was because when jacked up there was only a nat's cock of clearance against the front struts and they thought I'd have trouble on full lock. But when lowered down off the jack I can get my whole finger in there so turns out they are absolutely fine. I presume when I fit my lowering kit that gap will only increase. No problems with the side doors either more room than when I test fitted on the jack :D
caddywupz
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by caddywupz »

Regarding the internal door handle - where did you get the parts from? VW direct?
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Believe it or not the door handle was the only mod that went smooth as butter haha It's been what you'd think is the easy stuff that's been a to and fro to VW dealers, so hopefully you'll be fine with that one ;)

Unfortunately I did not record the part numbers as Iv'e had so many parts it would have been a mission to try and decipher it all.