Swedish microcamper

Show off your caddy
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Re: Swedish microcamper

Post by Golfchick »

I'm glad you updated this, I hadn't thought of using shock cord for my table top storage and was racking my brains on how to store it on one of the false window panels, i think this may be the best method! How did you join the two ends of the shock chord?
mkrav
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by mkrav »

Golfchick wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm How did you join the two ends of the shock chord?
Nothing fancy at all: square knot, trimmed the ends a bit and secured them with electrical tape.

This place is great to see how others have done things and all the ingenuity going into the builds btw :D
mkrav
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mkrav »

More has been done than I remembered since the last update almost a year ago... Oopsie again... :oops:

More stowage compartments! One can never have enough. :lol:
Stowage in the dash replaced for the one with a lid.

Installed under seat stowage on both seats.

Cleaned out the van thoroughly and installed silent coat under the carpets. (no pictures)

The centre console and seat trim and other trim bits are painted black...

Gave the seats a good cleaning too, with a carpet/textile washer. Not all that necessary as they were clean to begin with, but always good for ease of mind as there was 10+ years of old wind and what not there... :lol:

And replaced the hand break cover for a leather one, from a 2016 Caddy iirc.

Should be pretty up to date now with all that's done. All in all an even nicer and comfier van to drive now. :D

Next job is to extend the bed platform to be full width.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Just done my handbrake feels strange at first dont it. When you have been so use to your plastic one. Looking good well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nioelva
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Nioelva »

Where did you buy the carpet material and which paint did you use for the plastics up front?
Biltema?

Regards
Stefan (Göteborg)
mkrav
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mkrav »

Nioelva wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 am Where did you buy the carpet material and which paint did you use for the plastics up front?
Biltema?

Regards
Stefan (Göteborg)
The carpet is Easyliner from toeragstruckmats (Harrison trim supplies), ordered off ebay. 5m was enough for the van and the bed as it is today. Need to order a bit more as I'm making the bed wider. Friend with a VW T4 ordered the mega stretch from megavanmats, both are good options and have shipped to Sweden :D

The plastics paint was cheapest possible, i.e Biltema. (vinylfärg + primer, artikelnummer 36-15 och 36-14)