My caddy journey

Show off your caddy
josh487
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

My caddy journey

Post by josh487 »

Hi all new to this so bare with me recently bought my first caddy.
The van at this state is in abit of a mess I have big hopes and carnt wait to get cracking it's just a high Millage delivery van body work is decent small rust in places but nothing major. Image
Firstly the vans gearbox had gone I have seen a friend convert his van to 6 speed and what I'm gunna use it for will be a much needed mod he also took the bls engine out and replaced it with a asz from a previous build he did so took his advice and bought my self a asz engine with a mk4 golf gear box and drive shafts wanting big powered caddy I've managed to find the engine with a few cheeky mods gtb2260 turbo tublar manifold 80% fraid injectors a 666 single mass flywheel and clutch and pd150 head bolts.
I am currently just waiting to change the cam to a race cam from darkside which carnt wait so then all my running gear is complete spec will follow when it's up and running fully. Will have a full 3" exhaust with r32 style which I've bought already

While the engine is out and getting changed I thought it makes sense to face lift it so I'm hard with the saving and buying all the relevant parts I need just not a cheap over night buy lol but I thought I'd just introduce my self and show u all along my way I am hoping to see over the 300 bhp mark fingers crossed and then I carnt wait to crack on with interior mods.
I am wanting a mk6 r front bumper if any one can point me in the right direction ??
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geebs
Caddy Fan

Re: My caddy journey

Post by Geebs »

Help ma boab mate, 300 horses in a caddy! Just bought myself an ST focus re-mapped to 330bhp, but can't imagine that sort of pulling power in my caddy :shock: Though the caddy (a modest 135bhp) handles really well, it's a bit more susceptible to buffeting from cross winds than the focus. Good luck and look forward to hearing how you go..........
josh487
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: My caddy journey

Post by josh487 »

A friend has already done this conversion and he's running around the 270 mark its mental such a sleeper but yet perfect for the long runs it's going to be used for work and the amount of miles I do I thought why not at least it makes it a pleasure to drive. Just waiting on funds for the race cam and a new front mk7 gti and I'll be putting her in and facelifting the front end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk