Matilda - My british gas Caddy Maxi build

Show off your caddy
dopeytree
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex british gas Caddy Maxi build

Post by dopeytree »

TonyC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:56 pm How easy was it to remove the Battery Isolator? is it simply a case of disconnecting the battery and removing the wiring from the isolator and hooking it up again without the isolator being in the circuit?
Hey yeah just literally move the wires. There's a post either side of the isolator. So lets say it currently goes battery - A - isolator - B. What I did was put B onto A. So its basically just A now. I also take my feed for the split relay at A. Not sure if thats the right way but it works. Hope that helps.
2011 1.6 TDI - ex british gas caddy maxi http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30795

Mk4 rear lights, Auto headlights, Passat w8 interior leds, 18" supermetal bullets, Polo MFSW, Touran doorcards exit lights, carpet sports seats & storage bases. VanX glovebox, Audi air vents, Sirus rear seat conversion, Privacy rear windows, RCD 330 CarPlay, Speakerupgrade underseat sub, Leisure battery, 3000w inverter.
dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Added auto headlights kit from ebay. Its a new switch & little harness & sensor that plugs into the back of the switch. I've put the sensor in the little mini window drivers right side.

Also got a lidls dash cam wired in with a twin fuse holder thing. just run the cable up the a pilar to the dash cam.

Next step is get the side windows fitted. They're opening ones with 90% tint.
Last edited by dopeytree on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
2011 1.6 TDI - ex british gas caddy maxi http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30795

Mk4 rear lights, Auto headlights, Passat w8 interior leds, 18" supermetal bullets, Polo MFSW, Touran doorcards exit lights, carpet sports seats & storage bases. VanX glovebox, Audi air vents, Sirus rear seat conversion, Privacy rear windows, RCD 330 CarPlay, Speakerupgrade underseat sub, Leisure battery, 3000w inverter.
TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

dopeytree wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm Hey yeah just literally move the wires. There's a post either side of the isolator. So lets say it currently goes battery - A - isolator - B. What I did was put B onto A. So its basically just A now. I also take my feed for the split relay at A. Not sure if thats the right way but it works. Hope that helps.
Cheers :) I'm sure i will be able to figure it out once i have a look at it, it's on the to do list

You have definately been busy, good job!

I just sold my a3 last week so also just went full time Maxi driver ;)
dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Nice man. The only thing I do miss about the audi a3 is the tighter feeling in the steering. I've heard you can tweak the caddy steering stiffness in VCDS so will have to get someone to try that. Otherwise I love the caddy! Whats the plans for you build?

dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Been looking into the mk4 side repeaters but realised they're still old school bulbs so then looked at the vanX smoked 3 led lights but I'm trying these led light bars out. They should be here tomo.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-VW-T5-Tr ... SwtUtXA5wl

youtu.be/kpjeoucXZ4U

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

Well it's mainly for work and i also want to make it a day van for some surf/stand up paddle board adventures so just the usual Insulation,carpeting, leisure battery and some easily removable units. That was of course until i started seeing peoples vans on here and now i have it booked in to be colour coded next week along with a couple extra things :roll: . Picked up some A1 Sline seats also which i have still to fit and then will be on the look out for some VW/Audi alloys as of next month. I have already accepted that the list will never stop. Its like being 17 again with my first car
dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Haha! :D Welcome to the club.
So what you paying for colour coding? I'm wondering about getting mine done.

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

dopeytree wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm Haha! :D Welcome to the club.
So what you paying for colour coding? I'm wondering about getting mine done.
£550 including getting some rust fixed under a door handle and a dent pulled out. can't wait to get it but now i now its going to look daft on these rusty steelies :lol:
Andy1234
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Matilda - My british gas Caddy Maxi build

Post by Andy1234 »

Fantastic work, can I ask you about the rear seat belt real covers? are they VW? and how much did you pay and if you have part numbers please
dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Andy1234 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 pm Fantastic work, can I ask you about the rear seat belt real covers? are they VW? and how much did you pay and if you have part numbers please
Hey Andy, it was all done by Sirus. I think they make the covers themselves with 3d printers/moulding. If you give them a call Sirus Automotive (they mainly do disability conversions) they might be able to send you some. They screw into the metalwork with self tapping screws and were a bit of a pain to get back in when I finished the carpeting.

Andy1234
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Andy1234 »

Thank you, I will call them tomorrow
And again top work on the van
dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

A while back I also fitted the vanX caddy glovebox. It just screw on and make it look much tidier.

In the future I might also splash out on the centre dashboard storage box. But its about £100 at the moment on ebay :lol:

dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Just scored a few pieces on ebay I've been after for ages. All in germany. Some rear sliding door trims with arm rests.
They're just plastic so will have to figure out how to add some padding and leather to the middle inserts.

Also got some sunshields with mirror & lights in. Will have to work out the wiring for these might just hook up to permanent live.
The lastly got a centre storage tray! for £44!
Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 22.41.27.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 22.41.10.png
Last edited by dopeytree on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Rear Interior Door Handle

Ever since I've had the van I've wondered why it didn't come with an interior rear handle for the back doors. There's a few posts knocking about that show the parts but I've never seen them up for sale until the other day. Its very easy to fit. Its basically 1 assembly for the handle that just screws on and 1 lever that you attach to the locking mechanism. Most difficult bit was cutting the hatch, I bodged it a bit so cover with shiny chrome trim. Might add the official trim piece in the future.

I got my parts from a breaker but the TPS parts are:
Lever s2k0829309a9b9 £19.06
Trim s2k0827699a £3.38
Pull Rod 2k0829323 £3.22
Clip 7h0827947 £1.01
Bolts n90940001 £2.05 All plus vat

Guide here: http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ear+handle

Also fitted those new side repeater LED bars. Their marketed as for T4s & T5s but on youtube they've been fitted to loads of the VW cars. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-VW-T5-Tr ... SwtUtXA5wl

Paul9616
100BHP+

Post by Paul9616 »

Seems like you've been a busy boy.... would like to see the rear sliding door panels fitted not seen these yet, good spot. Can I ask that you post a picture when they are on....
Black 2011 C20 1.6 tdi 100 bhp / remapped to 140ps, 18" 3sdm 0.01 alloys, Coilovers, Lower GTI splitter, Touran 5 seat conversion, Mk6 golf GTI red stitch flat bottom steering wheel, Touran centre console and armrest, TRC splitter Mk6 GTI.