Bloater's Caddy - Day van & bike transporter....

Show off your caddy
Bl0at3r
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Bloater's Caddy - Day van & bike transporter....

Post by Bl0at3r »

Little trip out with the wife for a picnic in the van :D

Also, have fitted the wind deflectors. Was hoping to have also done the Mk4 Caddy Life mirrors but don't have the right spline bit (yet).

Burnout (VW Caddy)
by the BLOATER, on Flickr
henrycaddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by henrycaddy »

Great work. I'm running about a month behind you, but similar plans! Just bought a 2012 Startline 1.6 but with cruise and AC. Picking it up on Thursday. Plan is to strip it, clean it, insulation, sound deaden, ply, carpet etc.

Looking at the £139.99 kit on ebay - you got this one right? Did it come with glue? If not, what did you use? And you used this kit from MegaVanMats right? Thoughts on Smoke now it is in? Could Silver be too light?
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

henrycaddy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:10 pm Great work. I'm running about a month behind you, but similar plans! Just bought a 2012 Startline 1.6 but with cruise and AC. Picking it up on Thursday. Plan is to strip it, clean it, insulation, sound deaden, ply, carpet etc.

Looking at the £139.99 kit on ebay - you got this one right? Did it come with glue? If not, what did you use? And you used this kit from MegaVanMats right? Thoughts on Smoke now it is in? Could Silver be too light?
Thanks very much. Mine must also be a startline then but has AC - not got cruise though. Look forward to seeing yours evolve too.

I actually just bought the Silentcoat bulk pack @ £79.99 from them which is self-adhesive and then got the B&Q silver foil bubble wrap and the recycled plastic insulation. You typically get 1x tin of spray glue for each metre of cloth from MVM.

I think smoke with the anthracite/black floor tiles is a nice combo. Yes, I think silver might be just a but too light imho.
I didn't use dodo but have seen loads of people use that instead.

I'm sure either way will improve noise levels and heat inside the van.
Philt32
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Philt32 »

Bl0at3r wrote:Little trip out with the wife for a picnic in the van :D

Also, have fitted the wind deflectors. Was hoping to have also done the Mk4 Caddy Life mirrors but don't have the right spline bit (yet).

Burnout (VW Caddy)
Cracking picture Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Cheers 👍🤘
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Mk4 Life Door mirrors are on...

My spline bit set arrived at the Amazon Locker, so I went to collect it then set about fitting my new MK4 Caddy Life mirrors. I bought electric/heated ones so hoping they were a straight swap :D

1. Door card is removed by popping off the door pull plastic, undoing 2x T20 Torx bolts there, another two smaller ones along the bottom of the card and then using a plastic trim tool round the edges to release the clips. Then lift the bottom of the card forward and up so the top edge comes out of the window guide.

2. Carefully disconnect the multiplug, unclip the handle pull and set the card out of the way.

3. There is another plastic cover on the inside of the door that covers the spline bolts for the mirror. Prise this off praying none of the clips break !

4. Undo the 3x M10 spline bolts holding the mirror on - using care that they don't drop into the bottom of the door.

5. Release the green wire clip, trace the wire to the mirror multiplug. Prise out the red clip, then press the little tang to unplug the connector and then feed the wire through the hole whilst removing the mirror assembly from outside.

Note: on one side or both sides there may also be the aerial connector - the FM aerial is in the mirror(s). There is a small plug to release as well as undoing the 10mm earth bolt to remove the round washer.

6. Refitting is the reverse of removal 8) - I found that I had to remove all the door card clips from the door itself using a trim tool and refit them back into the door card prior to refitting it.

I also found that if the window is fully down then it is easy to bend the top of the door card outwards and you can see where it fits just in front of the window when inside.

Pictures? sorry, still waiting for the colour coded caps to dry and then I'll lacquer them, slap some polish on them and fit them.

They really do look good though, work perfectly, are a straight swap and, being designed for a caddy, visibility from them is spot on.

Here's what they'll look like ....

Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Fitted my Mk4 Caddy Life mirrors now the paint has dried... straight swap :D

IMG_0871

IMG_0872
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Mirrors look great, van is coming along and a good pace.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Thanks for the fitting guide on the mk4 mirrors, they look awesome! Hoping to get some on mine. Can I ask how much they set you back?
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Looking good Al, mirrors look cool buddy, great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Doc wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:03 pm Mirrors look great, van is coming along and a good pace.
Thanks Doc. I really must sort the suspension and the wheels next. Keep getting distracted with these other bits !
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Whitey wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:08 pm Thanks for the fitting guide on the mk4 mirrors, they look awesome! Hoping to get some on mine. Can I ask how much they set you back?
No problem. Thanks. They were £370 all together. There are six bits that you need:

2K6857407A9B9 Mirror housing near side
2K6857408A9B9 Mirror housing off side
2K5857527BGRU Mirror cover near side (supplied in primer)
2K5857528BGRU Mirror cover off side (supplied in primer)
2K6857521A Mirror glass near side
2K6857522A Mirror glass off side

I sprayed mine myself, but you may want to get them professionally colour coded so that will be an added cost.
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

hef355 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 am Looking good Al, mirrors look cool buddy, great jobImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one Hef. Thanks very much :D
Bwj182
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bwj182 »

Mirrors look great. Did you just use a spray can? How was the paint match? As I also have a silver van and got a couple bits I'd like to paint

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Bwj182 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:41 am Mirrors look great. Did you just use a spray can? How was the paint match? As I also have a silver van and got a couple bits I'd like to paint

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yes, done them myself.
Halfrauds Reflex Silver spray is a really good match to my van. I've had their paint in the past for another project and it was way off.

Might do the side rail cover myself too when I get it :D