20vt facelift caddy

Show off your caddy
Mrmatty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

20vt facelift caddy

Post by Mrmatty »

After having issues with my 1.6tdi i decided to put a 20vt in my facelift caddy.. its about 99.9% done now.. no regrets at all.. love it 8)
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Re: 20vt facelift caddy

Post by NZDubNurd »

Well...

Where'sthe pics?!?!?!?! 8)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd be interested in how you've coupled the wildly different generations of components ECU, ABS, etc. together in this.
Have you fault lights/codes?
I only ever seen one 20V caddy in person and it was a 2004 model. There were several faults the guy couldn't get around.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
BB13
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by BB13 »

Im half way through doing the same conversion, Doc what faults did he have can you remember ?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's a while ago but from what I can remember the most prominent was a traction control fault.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
BB13
100BHP+

Post by BB13 »

Oh right I see, wonder what year engine he was using and if it was a drive by wire or cable set up. Could have been down to his wiring install maybe.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It was a AGU engine if memory serves me right.
Wiring wasn't the problem, the ABS and ECU were both on the CANbus but because of the difference in generations they were not communicating correctly so both had faults relating to these "missing messages".

BB13
100BHP+

Post by BB13 »

AGU drive by cable, running ME3.8 could have been the problem, When doing my research I found a comment by some one running the later ME7.# ecus and it seems they have all the abs and traction control working, im pretty sure they are on this site too.

Doc bit off topic but do you know any where what what I can use to get some prices on part numbers online please.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's possible the later ME7 ECU works with the ABS. I didn't look into it much, the guy just wanted me to code a set of petrol clocks into the van.

I don't know of any parts price checker online, I just use ETKA which is a massive download and has price updates every weekend. Same system VW/Audi/TPS use.

BB13
100BHP+

Post by BB13 »

Doc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:59 pm It's possible the later ME7 ECU works with the ABS. I didn't look into it much, the guy just wanted me to code a set of petrol clocks into the van.

I don't know of any parts price checker online, I just use ETKA which is a massive download and has price updates every weekend. Same system VW/Audi/TPS use.
Is there any way of getting hold of ETKA doing a facelift conversion and load of other bits to the van so would be handy to get rough ideas on cost of bits before a trip out to TPS or the Stealers.
Mrmatty
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrmatty »

Sorry guys totally forgot i posted this.. the wiring was done buy andy at overboost in heckmonwike. Everything is working perfectly no warnings on the dash at all. Al post some pictures shortly...
Mrmatty
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrmatty »

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mrmatty
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrmatty »

Doc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm It was a AGU engine if memory serves me right.
Wiring wasn't the problem, the ABS and ECU were both on the CANbus but because of the difference in generations they were not communicating correctly so both had faults relating to these "missing messages".

Andy was worried about the abs to be fair. But so far so good. Only fault i get is speed sensor. Only reason is it's not connected yet :lol:
spuey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by spuey »

2.0 tfsi would have been the more 'relevant' engine to stick in there, but why not??! i'm sure it cost you a fraction of a TFSI lump and it should still be a hoot with a bit of tuning!
Mrmatty
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrmatty »

Yea i wanted to put the 2.0 tfsi in.. but wanted to get it back on the road. So opeted for the auq. I still may swap it to a 2.0 tfsi tho :P