My Silver Caddy Day Van Project

Show off your caddy
r6paul
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Silver Caddy Day Van Project

Post by r6paul »

Great build thread! Certainly given me some ideas to play with!

Just a quick one... What make/model is the head unit? I've been searching and found similar ones but I can't find that specific one. I browsed the general chat like you mentioned earlier in the thread but still couldnt find that specific model.

Thanks in advance
Paul
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
r6paul
Caddy Fan

Post by r6paul »

I've managed to find it on Ali Express now, most models are similar but not quite the same. There doesn't seem to be a model number in the listing either.

Do you have any more pictures of the head unit in its various settings? How does it work with reversing? As in i assume the rear view camera comes up but does it also show the graphic with the sensors getting closer to the car at the same time.... If that even makes any sense.

Like this google search image which happens to also be a Caddy:

Thanks
Paul
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

Did you get a set of instructions for flipping the rear? Just got an Eibach kit and of course no instructions for the back. I’m 75% happy with how it goes together but might save me some of the hassle you had !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark2K
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Mark2K »

r6paul wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 pm I've managed to find it on Ali Express now, most models are similar but not quite the same. There doesn't seem to be a model number in the listing either.

Do you have any more pictures of the head unit in its various settings? How does it work with reversing? As in i assume the rear view camera comes up but does it also show the graphic with the sensors getting closer to the car at the same time.... If that even makes any sense.

Like this google search image which happens to also be a Caddy:

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul, sorry for the delayed response been a really busy festive period! I believe I have just managed to back trace my order to this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-Co ... sstype=600

Hope that works. As of yet I haven't got a reverse camera but the stereo does support it :) any more questions just let me know
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

Sandyson wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:39 pm Did you get a set of instructions for flipping the rear? Just got an Eibach kit and of course no instructions for the back. I’m 75% happy with how it goes together but might save me some of the hassle you had !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello mate, I also didn't get instructions! Had to ask on here for some advise as I did it wrong the first time! Mine isn't an Eibach so not sure if its different. best advice is to post in the main forum and someone should have a guide on how it goes together :) Hope that's alright I didn't really answer your question very well.
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

Quick update, haven't really had a chance to do anything to the van over the last 2 months but time has started to continue. Decided to take off the Merc wheels and paint my steels Matt black and put on for winter. I think I prefer it now! Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

So after what has seemed like a long winter there is finally a bit of light when I finish work! Managed to get a few bits done this week.

Sound proofed the floor, got some insulation down and the new ply floor came so got that screwed down. Blimey what a difference in road noise, lovely and quiet now.

Got the VanX curtains installed, not too bad only took about an hour each side. Really good fit and makes it much more bearable inside Image

Gave the third brake light a tint, used a window tint rattle can and took about 5 mins. Saves spending loads on a pre tinted one.

Next up, ply to the sides and the bed build etc can start. The weather needs to warm up asap!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

caddywupz
200BHP+

Post by caddywupz »

Thanks for showing your curtains. It's something I'm thinking of now for my day van.
Did you have to pre-drill holes to fit them? Were they easy enough to fit?
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

caddywupz wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 am Thanks for showing your curtains. It's something I'm thinking of now for my day van.
Did you have to pre-drill holes to fit them? Were they easy enough to fit?
Yes had to drill the holes for the runners. Took about 45 mins for the complete install so not tricky at all. Measure twice drill once lol
Tp88
Caddy Fan

Post by Tp88 »

Really impressive thread! Think I'll be taking mine to Darkside to get lowered... looks a tricky job!

Are you going to install a rear camera for reversing? If so, how do you plan on fitting it?
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Top work on the van mate alot of hard work gone into her... Keep it up 👍
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

Tp88 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:07 pm Really impressive thread! Think I'll be taking mine to Darkside to get lowered... looks a tricky job!

Are you going to install a rear camera for reversing? If so, how do you plan on fitting it?
I've done 2 caddys now, mine and Shaggys. The hardest part is getting the front struts out otherwise it's not too bad to be fair!

I will be fitting a reverse camera, my head unit came with the wiring etc so just drilling a hole in the rear door I think so hopefully not a big job!
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

Glen G wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:15 pm Top work on the van mate alot of hard work gone into her... Keep it up 👍
Cheers mate, got a load of updates coming soon. Watch this space 😀
SlowPoke
Caddy Fan

Post by SlowPoke »

Mark2K wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am I ordered it from USA came out as £156 delivered which I think is a bargain. There is a head unit post in caddy chat with a link Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Assuming no battery drain issues with this unit (like Rcd510 etc)?