My Silver Caddy Day Van Project

Show off your caddy
D green
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: My Silver Caddy Day Van Project

Post by D green »

Worth it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark2K
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Mark2K »

So after 2 weeks of being Ill I finally managed to get around to finishing off the interior trim and head lining. Sprayed the last few bits and dyed the headlining black with material dye (needs one more coat once dried properly). Just need to get some touran door cards and centre console and the front is done. Time to start the build in the back ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D green
Twin Turbo poster

Post by D green »

The fabric dye looks good how did you apply it with a brush

Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

D green wrote:The fabric dye looks good how did you apply it with a brush

Yep with a brush, deffo needs another coat as it took a while to soak in. Was the cheapest best way to do it I thought lol

D green
Twin Turbo poster

Post by D green »

Was thinking of doing mine was told that you can spray it seen some parcel shelves done that way and you can’t tell but being a different fabric not sure how it would turn out

Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

D green wrote:Was thinking of doing mine was told that you can spray it seen some parcel shelves done that way and you can’t tell but being a different fabric not sure how it would turn out

I did think about spraying it actually, might be better as it is a tough fabric. It says on the bottle it can be sprayed also.

D green
Twin Turbo poster

Post by D green »

Might give it a go then if it goes wrong I could always buy a new one can’t be that expensive

Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

D green wrote:Might give it a go then if it goes wrong I could always buy a new one can’t be that expensive

Anything is better than the horrible grey anyway lol

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

So does it feel more car and less van now after all the graft? Got my Caddy yesterday and must admit they do feel very 'vanny'! It's a 57 plate 1.9 tdi with two side doors and a rear tailgate, it has a touch screen sat nav a lot like yours and some nice alloys, it's also got some not so nice scrapes down the nearside which I need to sort before thinking about anything else. Great job though, very impressed
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

CaddyShack2k wrote:So does it feel more car and less van now after all the graft? Got my Caddy yesterday and must admit they do feel very 'vanny'! It's a 57 plate 1.9 tdi with two side doors and a rear tailgate, it has a touch screen sat nav a lot like yours and some nice alloys, it's also got some not so nice scrapes down the nearside which I need to sort before thinking about anything else. Great job though, very impressed
Thanks 🖒 yep definitely starting to feel less 'vanny'. Just getting rid of the grey plastic everything and soundproofing the rear has helped loads. I'm hooked now though Image

D green
Twin Turbo poster

Post by D green »

Once you start there’s no stopping

17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Vans really starting to come along mate! love what youve done up front, have been thinking about doin exactly the same with the light grey bits too! like ya head unit and how oem it looks too! il be keeping an eye out for this ... especially as youre local
Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

17shaggy88 wrote:Vans really starting to come along mate! love what youve done up front, have been thinking about doin exactly the same with the light grey bits too! like ya head unit and how oem it looks too! il be keeping an eye out for this ... especially as youre local
Cheers! Yeah I just wanted to make it feel less cheap and plasticy and more car like, pretty easy to do aswell which is good 🖒 Where abouts you based? Seen a few caddys round the Hertford area.

Mark2K
100BHP+

Post by Mark2K »

So got quite a few little jobs on the go, but time is limited due to it getting dark stupid early now Image
Modified the merc centrecaps to vw ones, bit of fiddling but pleased with the result. Went for some Dakar decals, seen quite a few vw's with these. Started the final sound proofing now the carpet has arrived Image, going to do the whole floor also as still pretty noisy in there. Fitted a darkside air intake, my engine is a bjb from the mk5 golf so got the mk5 intake, need a bit more fiddling but pretty happy with it. The decat and centre pipe have come, can't seem to find any decent backboxes anyone have any reccomendations? Or straight pipe Image. Finally have started on the Touran bumper, got some previous damage I need to sort first before I can paint it. Really should do one thing at a time lol ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mk2kompressor
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Mk2kompressor »

Real nice work, I’ve got to take my headlining down due to a lovely dent in the top of the a pillar then either trim it or dye it black.

2.Slow