Whitey's White Caddy 4

Show off your caddy
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Whitey's White Caddy 4

Post by Barbel330 »

I'm no expert in this subject but I'm sure I've read somewhere that you need to activate it in Nav? Not sure if that even makes sense but I'm sure I've seen it before :)
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Cheers mate, I'll check it out in VCDS. Just been drooling at your Brembo's - they are huuuuuge :D
Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Whitey wrote:@Sandyson, yeah I've enable the reverse cam in VCDS, the OPS still functions too ie sounds but no display!

@Mk1jim18 - my mate got one for his Passat and everything just worked, more than likely I've just been unlucky somewhere, may even be a dodgy reverse camera (was only a cheapy @£15). I will certainly let you know of any progress. Hopefully everything will be nice and straight forward for you :)
Ohh thats strange mate! Maybe it's different for us caddy owners lol. What year was he's Passat?

I'm hoping my MFSW and the MFD with Bluetooth phone and music come up on it! Does yours still work mate?

Still waiting to hear back from guy I brought head unit on eBay as he said it will just plug and play which it doesn't! so hopefully he will send me a MIB to MQB adaptor lead for free lol

Hope you get your reverse camera sorted mate!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

@Mk1jim18 - not sure actually mate, although he didn't need the adapter! Hopefully you'll get a free one :) My mate's gonna have a look at my camera so will update on any progress.
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Got a bit bored with waiting on the weather clearing up to fit my wheels and suspension so booked in with Martin @ Pendle Performance for a remap just before Xmas. Probably the best thing I've done to the caddy so far! Hasn't effected the economy too much either. Previously average mpg on a mixed drive was around 59-60mpg (according to trip comp) - best I've had since the remap on a similar drive is 53mpg (that's with having a blast too!). Pulls nicely now. Martin's a sound chap, got it on the dyno soon as I arrived and the work was done in a few hours. Highly recommended :)

Before

After
Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Whitey wrote:@Mk1jim18 - not sure actually mate, although he didn't need the adapter! Hopefully you'll get a free one :) My mate's gonna have a look at my camera so will update on any progress.
Got my adaptor lead today mate, everything seems to work fine apart from phone, music on the MFD. Even the OPS works, displays and bleeps as normal which I'm happy about :) not bothering with reverse camera so I'm very happy with it and it's got Android Auto!

But already the USB lead plug in front of unit is already annoying me! But don't fancy taking it apart like you did lol

skierandy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by skierandy »

Supposed to be buying a cheap van for work. This could get expensive haha
DHD
100BHP+

Post by DHD »

Mk1jim18 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm Got my adaptor lead today mate, everything seems to work fine apart from phone, music on the MFD. Even the OPS works, displays and bleeps as normal which I'm happy about :) not bothering with reverse camera so I'm very happy with it and it's got Android Auto!

But already the USB lead plug in front of unit is already annoying me! But don't fancy taking it apart like you did lol

Does your MFD show the radio data?
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

@ skierandy - haha - good luck mate, say bye to your money (worth it though :D)

@DHD - my Caddy is a Highline but has Midline clusters so I don't get that feature... yet ;)
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Been a while since I updated but stuff has been happening at a leisurely pace!
Rear sound deadening / insulation / carpeting happening...
Silent Coat down...
Then insulated using dodo mat and covered with hardboard inserts, sealed in place...
I had the stuff to do this job sat there for a long time and kept putting it off. Honest truth... it wasn't difficult or a chore. I applied megavan mats stretch carpets over the sides (in one piece per side) - was most probably the easiest bit. Pictures to follow. I just need to carpet my floor ply and it's done!
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Being an amazing bank holiday i got chance to give the cab end a good going over. Treated the leather to a clean and balm too (hence the leather looks shinier than normal - it has a matte finish normally!)
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Bulkhead delete / correction. Chanced it on some parts from a Maxi. Not a perfect fit. Had to remove 2 locator lugs towards the back of the van. They have a bit of underhang too which is noticeable on the sliding door section... only a little bit though! They are firmly in place so all good ;)
Tp88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Tp88 »

Those seats looks amazing! Nice work! We’re they a nightmare to fit or okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Cheers mate. I got some Touran bases so they just bolted straight in. They are ‘heated’ too. Stan-the-man made me a loom and Audi adapters to get it all working :)

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Me to. Touran base. Stan loom

Simples. ImageImageImageImage