Whitey's White Caddy 4

Show off your caddy
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Whitey's White Caddy 4

Post by Whitey »

Nice one Graham :) - I was close to buying a far more expensive head unit but glad I prevailed! Only other issue now is I can't seem to get my reverse camera to work, everything seems to be correct in VCDS. Found out that for the particular aftermarket camera I need a delay relay thingy and all should be good :)
Some other news that may (or may not interest you :lol: )
After 6 weeks of waiting for the leather trimmer to sort my bits, he tell's me he cant do it unless I buy a full hide! Been onto this guy at least 2 or 3 times a week with the old 'yes it will be done this week'. Finally got the stuff back and straight to a firm in Preston who should have it sorted end of next week. Total nightmare ha!
How did you get on with sourcing your alloys?
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

PS - hoping the splitter will be straight forward, holes pre-drilled and nuts n bolts supplied. When i placed the order it said there was a 2 week lead time but it arrived in a week :)
Gaj69
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Gaj69 »

Whitey wrote:PS - hoping the splitter will be straight forward, holes pre-drilled and nuts n bolts supplied. When i placed the order it said there was a 2 week lead time but it arrived in a week :)
Cheers Sam,
Yes, the Pioneer is certainly not cheap, I do however use my car as a extended office when away with work and wanted to do as much as possible without been distracted.
I’m still waiting a response from TPS regarding the wheels, the wife has approved the spendImage.
Will get a price of VW this week regarding the handbrake lever, keep meaning to do it.
Catch you soon.
Grham

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Truth is you can't go wrong with Pioneer stuff, I have a lot of top end pioneer dj equipment, not cheap but the best, bar the trusty technics turntables. I was gonna go for the Pioneer head unit, was just impressed by the similar features found on these cheaper oem style units. Sadly as I discovered they are a bit restricted. Saying that the carplay feature work amazingly and I'm happy (for now ha!)
Glad you got the missus approval for the wheels, did make me chuckle when you treated her for a trip out on your anniversary to pick my old steering wheel up hehe :D
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

The splitter is easy I’ve been telling everyone about these splitters love mine.

Lovering next week.

And my brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tweedy2K
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by tweedy2K »

Thanks for the extensive information about the head unit! Like you say, you can’t complain for what you get!

I’ve been speaking to VW a lot trying to find out if they will code and decrypt a composition media if I buy one either second hand or from them. Waiting on a final decision from one of their techs atm! Unless I can find anyone on here that is!

Get some pics up of the splitter! I’ve been thinking about one for a while but haven’t committed yet

Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

Tweedy2k have a chat with spacewalker he has unlocked a few I believe I think doc has one in his van too if memory serves me right. Thank you whitey for the information missed one selling for £50 for the same seller as if finished at 6 am even though I was awake. I’ll keep looking. I fear I’ll end up stripping one down and moving the usb too thanks for the information. Good work !

Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Whitey wrote:No worries at all mate :)

OK, so I got mine from a dealer on ebay called eodaworld and think they have another account called sweethome (i think they are the same dealer). I was quite patient to get one for £120, they generally sell them on buy it now for £180-200 but list them on auction constantly.

I have a 6RD035187A which has the latest firmware (5404)

I also needed a MIB to MQB Quadlock adapter for mine which was £30 but think pre 2016 caddys plug straight in. Hope that helps :)
Hi Whitey,

I've just brought a RCD330 same as you for my 2016 caddy, were did you buy the MIB to MQB Quadlock adapter?

Have you got a link please mate?

Thanks
James

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Hi James, from ebay mate

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIB-MQB-auf- ... 1438.l2649

Only thing I haven't managed to get working is my reverse cam but think it's something I've done wrong rather than the actual quadlock :shock:
Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Whitey wrote:Hi James, from ebay mate

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIB-MQB-auf- ... 1438.l2649

Only thing I haven't managed to get working is my reverse cam but think it's something I've done wrong rather than the actual quadlock :shock:
Thanks for coming back mate Image I'll get one ordered!

Do your parking sensors still work and come up on the screen as it did before?

I'm sure there's a guide I've seen how to get the rear camera to work mate

Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

I think thats part of the problem I'm having. One of my sensors has a 'short to plus' which I think is stopping both the OPS and Camera screen. I get a long beep when I engage reverse which I believe is a sensor warning, the radio goes quiet too so I know it's communicating with the head unit. Hopefully sorting the sensor will resolve these issues! Hope yours is more straight forward. Let me know how you get on :)
Sandyson
100BHP+

Post by Sandyson »

Don’t quote me on it but while looking for one on eBay some one was selling one saying they had “activated ” the reverse camera so you don’t have to. Possible needs turning on with vcds.

Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Whitey wrote:I think thats part of the problem I'm having. One of my sensors has a 'short to plus' which I think is stopping both the OPS and Camera screen. I get a long beep when I engage reverse which I believe is a sensor warning, the radio goes quiet too so I know it's communicating with the head unit. Hopefully sorting the sensor will resolve these issues! Hope yours is more straight forward. Let me know how you get on :)
Oh blimey that's not good I was hoping it would all work as normal once plugged in Image maybe you have to have a reverse camera for the OPS to work but that's probably wrong I havnt a clue when it comes to wiring!

I got the head unit today and was hoping to fit it lol doesn't look like that now until I get the adaptor lead!

I will you know how I get on though mate, and if you find out a solution let me know please lol Image

Sandyson
100BHP+

Post by Sandyson »

As another side note on my 2012 the parking sensors worked fine with it plug and play. Shows the distance on the screen and lowers the radio volume as you’d expect

Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

@Sandyson, yeah I've enable the reverse cam in VCDS, the OPS still functions too ie sounds but no display!

@Mk1jim18 - my mate got one for his Passat and everything just worked, more than likely I've just been unlucky somewhere, may even be a dodgy reverse camera (was only a cheapy @£15). I will certainly let you know of any progress. Hopefully everything will be nice and straight forward for you :)