FrankC's Caddy.

Show off your caddy
Frankc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

FrankC's Caddy.

Post by Frankc »

Well my first ever Caddy arrived today, actually my first VW. Its a TDI DSG 2010 Caddy Life.

First impressions.

The Good.
Quite roomy. As I do not use the van for work there is in some ways too much room.
Can certainly shift for such a large vehicle.
Auto lights is a nice feature.
I keep finding cubby holes and little compartments. Like the one in the rear holding the Jack. The one in the floor holding the first aid kit etc.

The bad.
I dont have a centre arm rest. Having had one on all my previous cars I miss having one now.
Noticing one or two rattles and bits of wind noise coming from the drivers door.
No sat nav and the head unit is good but basic. Could do with Sat Nav and phone, but not essential may or may not swap that over.
Having an electronic handbrake is a new feature for me. That too will take some getting used to.

I am sure I will find more things in the coming days.
Frankc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: FrankC's Caddy.

Post by Frankc »

I noticed that they make they rear windscreen heater button so tiny. Why? Had to actually read the handbook to find it. :shock:

I would also like to have the function on the end of the right arm behind the steering wheel to see what MPG I am getting etc but there is no button on the end of the arm, obviously an option that was not taken up by the original buyer. Is it as simple as replacing the arm or is it far more complicated than that?