My new caddy

Show off your caddy
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

My new caddy

Post by Caddyluv »

ImageImageImage

What’s been done, grab handle painted white side trim painted white. Black plastic on the front painted gloss black and the chrome painted azure blue.

Spoiler fitted and front splitter.

Cast13 alloys 18x8.5 with with hankook tyres.

To do next. Carpet line, remap, and leather seats, then new speakers.
What now needed guys.

This is what it looked like.

Last edited by Caddyluv on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Andy1234
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: My new caddy

Post by Andy1234 »

Very nice, are you adding lowering to the list?
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Yes and no. Coz I need to know more. I do a lot of county road driving and well pot hole and hard ride. So I need to no if there is a kit that A: does not break the bank and B: does not ride like it’s on concrete blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Andy1234 wrote:Very nice, are you adding lowering to the list?

Also the wife drives it. What you recon curb the splitter if to low. ????

Andy1234
100BHP+

Post by Andy1234 »

Never too low! Haha

My wife has said she’s not driving my caddy anymore! I have just put 20” wheels on! And I go mad every time she curbs her 19’s.
Andy1234
100BHP+

Post by Andy1234 »

As for lowering kits they are not to bad price and ride to be honest, after driving the wife’s car with fk coilovers on, my caddy doesn’t feel as if it’s been lowered. Only noticed a little harder ride going down to a 35 profile tyre on the bigger wheels.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Andy1234 wrote:As for lowering kits they are not to bad price and ride to be honest, after driving the wife’s car with fk coilovers on, my caddy doesn’t feel as if it’s been lowered. Only noticed a little harder ride going down to a 35 profile tyre on the bigger wheels.

So what do you have on yours do you know.

Andy1234
100BHP+

Post by Andy1234 »

Unsure of makes, bought caddy with coilovers, axle flip and lowering shackles on and set up, only had tracking checked.
It drives lovely, not hard, when 18” wheels fitted was a little low for getting around but the roads are bad in Norfolk
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Yeah roads are rubbish here to. I do quite a bit of country road driving. I will have a chat with my performance guy. He does fords but the principle would be the same if it’s slammed in any vehicle I guess.

Ringbolted
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ringbolted »

Love it!! Wasn't too sure about painting my grills gloss black; I am now. Looking forward to seeing the rest mate.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Ringbolted wrote:Love it!! Wasn't too sure about painting my grills gloss black; I am now. Looking forward to seeing the rest mate.

Yeah honestly it’s so hard to see in the pictures but it makes a massive difference. If I can give a bit of advice if you can get new side pod bits. Where the fog lights go it saves time for the paint guy which saves you money. If your doing it yourself try and invent a sanding tool to get right in the corners coz if you wax like I do it’s hard to get out, and the paint gets pitting effect. My right side has to be done again, which he is doing for free.

Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Looks awesome! Where did you get the front splitter from? And what headlight bulbs have you fitted? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ringbolted
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ringbolted »

Caddyluv wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:41 pm Yeah honestly it’s so hard to see in the pictures but it makes a massive difference. If I can give a bit of advice if you can get new side pod bits. Where the fog lights go it saves time for the paint guy which saves you money. If your doing it yourself try and invent a sanding tool to get right in the corners coz if you wax like I do it’s hard to get out, and the paint gets pitting effect. My right side has to be done again, which he is doing for free.

Thanks for that I'll locate some replacements and get them to my paint guy. Thankfully we have a spray booth here at work so i don't have to worry about the cost too much :shock:.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Mk1jim18 wrote:Looks awesome! Where did you get the front splitter from? And what headlight bulbs have you fitted? Cheers

Yeah bulbs are from Halfords the main bulb is a 130% GE bulb and the side lights are HID all fitted by me. Currently looking at a headlightretro fit custom light. Just a lot of money think it will be crazy cool thou.

Mk1jim18
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mk1jim18 »

Caddyluv wrote:
Yeah bulbs are from Halfords the main bulb is a 130% GE bulb and the side lights are HID all fitted by me. Currently looking at a headlightretro fit custom light. Just a lot of money think it will be crazy cool thou.

Cheers mate looks wicked!!