My white work horse build

Show off your caddy
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

My white work horse build

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Iv had the van for just over a year now and all be it very slow moving, I thought I'd share with you guys how it's going.

I bought the van at a year old (on tick obviously, I'm not cake o) with 19k and took her home

I didn't really do anything for a while, I was too blown away at the amount of miles I could achieve from 1 tank and the mpg's I was seeing were some what of a dream! (I'd just sold my mk4 golf R32)

Both of the dial pics is on a journey to Newquay

I first started by doing little things like de badging the rear, spraying the rear number plate bulb surround , badge and front badge. Putting silly stickers on it, and pressed plates,and carpet the back (just floor for now, to stop stuff sliding around)

That was it for a while until I bought help wind deflectors and got offered a set of 4 genuine Audi ronals and tyres for £80 !! They've seen better days but a pal of mine refurb wheels do no drama there. Picked them up from my mums neighbour, went to Sainsbury's, filled them with air and gave em a quick wash, then drove into the car park to fit them haha
Fitted them and what an immediate difference! Image

So now I'm riding high as you like , but starting to come together ImageImage

Plan is to have her lowered and wheels done over next couple months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: My white work horse build

Post by Sandyson »

Nice touches mate. Always a toss up with my van either got no money and loads of time or time and no money . Van has to work for a living!

17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Sandyson wrote:Nice touches mate. Always a toss up with my van either got no money and loads of time or time and no money Image. Van has to work for a living!

Cheers man!
Yeah I know what you mean, as I say the majority of them mods have amounted to like a tenner for spray etc haha .
What you do for work? You go on site?

Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

The itch for bigger mods soon win over. Got sick of the seats doing me in so they had to go then it wasn’t getting me home fast enough so it got re mapped. All sorts buddy, mostly housing association repairs last few years external yearly maintenance.

17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Sandyson wrote:The itch for bigger mods soon win over. Got sick of the seats doing me in so they had to go Image then it wasn’t getting me home fast enough so it got re mapped. All sorts buddy, mostly housing association repairs last few years external yearly maintenance.

Haha yeah that's true. They're are also part of my mod list, mate, But the little things first I guess !

17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

So over the Christmas break I ordered my self a new head unit.
A Chinese double din - Eonon GA7153s, head unit, dab aerial, reverse camera delivered in 2 days for an incredible £220!!

I am blown away with the way this thing works and what I got for the money, it has so much! I haven't got a gps sd card so downloaded something called here we go and it's offline and I don't need to use my data , works fine and will do me for now.

In my opinion this thing looks great (very oem) and has changed the way the van looks and feels inside. It's plug and play and everything works, reverse sensors, doors open, Bluetooth everything. And all I done was fit the harness they sent out!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

Looks smart mate, looking forward to getting mine.
Going to get some rear speakers and waiting to start soundproofing the interior and carpeting it so want to get some interior lighting, speakers etc sorted before that.
Be interested in hearing how it goes over the next few days for you, what Apps are good/bad etc. Also how you get on with the SatNav.
Nice one!
Gee
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

gee101a wrote:Looks smart mate, looking forward to getting mine.
Going to get some rear speakers and waiting to start soundproofing the interior and carpeting it so want to get some interior lighting, speakers etc sorted before that.
Be interested in hearing how it goes over the next few days for you, what Apps are good/bad etc. Also how you get on with the SatNav.
Nice one!
Gee
Cheers man ! Couldn't be happier with it.
You should have it soon after new year I should imagine mate.
Oh nice sounds good man!
I want to carpet my rear etc and only had a couple spare hours earlier so couldn't be bothered to route the reverse cam cables etc to the back.
Do you have hands free etc in yours already as standard mate?

Yeah il keep you updated on how she goes. I haven't added any apps yet, comes loaded with a few which all work sweet when I marry to my personal hotspot ! Was on Netflix, YouTube, Facebook and just on the internet earlier . All pre loaded on it

gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

No hands free mate, it’s ex BG so no on board computer, just get temperature and that’s about it on the dash. Wondering if I’ll get anymore than that on the head unit!
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

gee101a wrote:No hands free mate, it’s ex BG so no on board computer, just get temperature and that’s about it on the dash. Wondering if I’ll get anymore than that on the head unit!
Ahh right okay mate. I was only asking because I just had to connect the harness and everything worked haha. Obviously you will get everything in the kit like microphone and all that. I'm just wondering if that's why all that stuff just connected and worked (mine being highline it has most of it anyway) if you get what I mean?

gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

I think it will be a straightforward connect up with the block connectors but I’m wondering how much information will appear on the head unit. Going to get rear speakers and maybe reverse camera wired in as well.
I’ll have to start a build thread as I’ve done hell of a lot over the last year.
Keep us informed on how it’s going.
gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

Hi Shaggy,
I've had my Eonon headunit delivered and my brother is going to fit it for me on Sunday. He is pretty clued up with what he's doing. Took the Headunit round so he could have a look and see if I needed to buy anything before we start.
Couple of bits he isn't sure of, may become obvious when we remove VW unit.
1St photo is the wiring harness, on the left of the photo there is red, black and orange wire with a connector on it. Do you remember if this connected to anything?
2nd photo is called a regulator relay. There's 4 wires, Red marked 'reverse in', Yellow marked 'reverse+12v', Black marked 'Camer A- and White marked 'camer A+' any ideas what this is for? Does appear to be reverse camera, I have bought a reverse camera with the unit. Any ideas? Did you use it?
Like I said things may become apparent when we start but any help will be appreciated.
How are you getting on with it, any recommendations for Apps or anything else when I get started.
Thanks
Gee
Attachments
_20180112_203226.JPG
_20180112_203307.JPG
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Morning mate.
Oh nice one man you happy with how it looks etc?

So basically , I removed my radio (original one) and was left with I think just the big harness . That plugs into you your big harness if I remember rightly and then that plugs into the back off you're eonon.
That smaller box is for the canbus and again if I remember right just plugged in to something there ( makes sence when you're looking at it)

As for the second pic mate that's for the camera , and I'm yet to fit mine ... gonna attempt to later on mate . So will send you the actual connections when I have the unit out.
What camera did you get?
App wise if I'm honest I haven't downloaded any mate just a new launcher - car web guru .

gee101a
200BHP+

Post by gee101a »

17shaggy88 wrote:Morning mate.
Oh nice one man you happy with how it looks etc?

So basically , I removed my radio (original one) and was left with I think just the big harness . That plugs into you your big harness if I remember rightly and then that plugs into the back off you're eonon.
That smaller box is for the canbus and again if I remember right just plugged in to something there ( makes sence when you're looking at it)

As for the second pic mate that's for the camera , and I'm yet to fit mine ... gonna attempt to later on mate . So will send you the actual connections when I have the unit out.
What camera did you get?
App wise if I'm honest I haven't downloaded any mate just a new launcher - car web guru .

Nice one mate, all looks pretty good, like I say hopefully all be sorted tomorrow.
I got the camera that Eonon sent out with it, not sure what make. Where are you going to mount it? I've not really looked into it yet but hoping to cut it into the black plastic above the number plate.
Be good if you could take some photos as you do it just in case something isn't obvious.
Thanks for your help.
Gee

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

17shaggy88
Caddy Fan

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Removed my bulkhead today and fitted my reverse camera sent from eonon when I ordered the head unit.
ImageImage

Mounted the camera as far right as I could go under the plate light plastic. Looks quite tidy I think.
Took the 12v+ and - from the rear light. Obviously the 12v + come from the reverse light as to trigger the camera only when goes into reverse gear.
I ran the cables through the roof lining and down the passenger a pillar into the dash etc.

Now I have a slight issue , I'm getting serious interference when the engine is running. But the camera picture looks spot on with just the ignition on . Been sent this relay too Image

Which I'm guessing wires into behind the light again? Looks like I have + and - for cam and the same for reverse.
Anyone have a clue if I'm right or not? Cheers