My white work horse build

Show off your caddy
Caddy-Cruiser
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: My white work horse build

Post by Caddy-Cruiser »

Not sure if the relay will resolve your problem.. I have a Kenwood headunit with a China rearview camera which is connected to the remote wire of the Kenwood, so it's on when the radio is on. Works without interferance.
I think you could wire the relay to your rearlight cluster, but I'm curious if it will actually fix it :)
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 17shaggy88 »

Caddy-Cruiser wrote:Not sure if the relay will resolve your problem.. I have a Kenwood headunit with a China rearview camera which is connected to the remote wire of the Kenwood, so it's on when the radio is on. Works without interferance.
I think you could wire the relay to your rearlight cluster, but I'm curious if it will actually fix it :)
So was I mate , I wired it into the rear light earlier, So writing on this relay is
Cam +
Cam -
Reverse +
Reverse -
So I put cam + to red of cam
Cam - to black cam
Rev - to ground of lights
Rev + to reverse on lights

Lost all pictures engine on or off checked for power and had 0v on the camera +and-.

Then I tried the following connections
Then all + to reverse at light
All - to ground

Nothing
Back to how I had it yesterday, pics fine when engine off and blurry when engine on.

I'm starting to wonder if the relay is labelled wrongly? And I need to work out and check that it is correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caddy-Cruiser
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddy-Cruiser »

It's in heatshrink so you cant easily see what wire is what. You could take it off to see what is the coil of the relay, and check out if the label is correct.
brownmaximan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by brownmaximan »

Surly reverse in needs to be connected to a clean 12v, ie direct to the battery or switch 12v in fuse box, if your only feeding supply from the reverse light then it won’t work when engine is on due to the pwm on the light feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
17shaggy88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 17shaggy88 »

brownmaximan wrote:Surly reverse in needs to be connected to a clean 12v, ie direct to the battery or switch 12v in fuse box, if your only feeding supply from the reverse light then it won’t work when engine is on due to the pwm on the light feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi mate yeah you're right, Iv found a lot of videos with this problem and found this solution Image
So gonna take the camera feed to the front of the car rather than feed from the rear lights. Is there a fuse board or switched live I could take from in the rear of the van do you know?

This is the wiring kit I have for it . A bit confused with the red core coming off of the yellow video plug. Must be a core coming out of the headunit with reverse or something written on it.

The bit that threw me was the fact it knew when I was in reverse as soon as I fitted headunit without the camera as it comes up with no signal and all my reverse sensors . Maybe that's all to do with the canbus all working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk