Slow build

Show off your caddy
Lawsom34
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Slow build

Post by Lawsom34 »

Just picked up my first mk2 Caddy, a 05 TDi in a in dark blue, currently it is pretty standard and I plan to put a seat/bed along oneside with storage under it for my fishing kit. Along the other will be a slimline storage area.
Won't get much done straight away due to work commitments so just going to drive it about for the time being to suss out anything mechanical that needs sorting first. Already got the blower already working on number 4 only which if its the same as a T5 then its a resistor on the blower motor control and a wobbly N/S mirror that i noticed on the way home. There is an old phone connector that is hard wired into down the side of the stereo that needs to be moved out.
Pics to follow.
Lawsom34
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Slow build

Post by Lawsom34 »

Good day today, after initial scan there was 6 fault codes on VCDS after a couple of hours that is down to one to do with the rear door but it all locks ok so will look at that when nothing else to do. Also went to mapplins for a heat fuse and replaced the one in the resistor pack and now have all four speeds on the blower motor, let's see how long that lasts.
Is there a way of putting photos on here without hosting on another site?
Lawsom34
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Slow build

Post by Lawsom34 »

Hopefully this works.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk