Roosty's Caddy Maxi Kombi

Show off your caddy
Roosty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Roosty's Caddy Maxi Kombi

Post by Roosty »

Hi all. Picked up my new wheels last week and really enjoying it. It's my first van so not alot to compare it with but it's nimble, comfy and slow as sin haha!

It's a Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6tdi C20 with either 102 or 140bhp (still can't work it out).

I got it for camping & mountain biking trips, getting the dog to and from muddy parks and because I just really like them!

It hasn't had the emissions fix and I don't plan on getting it done, reports are unfavourable and it only seems to benefit VW, not the owners.

More to follow. . . .
Milk was a bad choice
Roosty
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Roosty's Caddy Maxi Kombi

Post by Roosty »

First thing I did was check eBay for some cheap simple changes even a novice like me could do.

Purchased some Matt black Vw badges for front & back. Back is too big so it's going back but the front looks good.

Before...
&

After...
&

Also got the obligatory Hawaii lei, 'cos it's not a builders van. .

So far, so good. ;)
Milk was a bad choice
Roosty
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Roosty's Caddy Maxi Kombi

Post by Roosty »

Only had the Caddy for 7 or 8 weeks but one of the injectors went out of nowhere after just 4 weeks light use.
Going up a steep hill at 55mph in 5th gear & boom, limped to the garage and reviewed my options.

Ended up taking it to Vw and having them put a pukka injector in for free, as well as their emissions fix. They give a 2yr warranty on all related parts and so far since the fix it has been running fine on a mix of longer motorway and short town runs.

No issues with the fan working harder or anything like that. No noticeable change on economy either.

After a few weeks I started trusting the van again and I managed to finish off the carpeting of the ply sides, boxes, roof panels and door trim. There were a few unsightly drilled holes which I've covered as well, I think they were for grab handles and of no use to me, carpeted over.

Also added a bike frame clamp, as seen elsewhere on these forums. The clamp came with 2 face plates and a clamp arm which slots into the plates. You can use different plates for different size bikes or frame shapes . . . Works very nicely. Clamp was £20 or so from eBay, very impressed with it.

Milk was a bad choice