Ex BG to family wagon conversion

Show off your caddy
Geardy1986
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Ex BG to family wagon conversion

Post by Geardy1986 »

Hi all... after having my 2011 Ex BG Maxi for a month or so now, with LOTS of help from my brother, I've started tinkering with it to make it more family friendly. It's my first Caddy and first VW... I absolutely love it and can't wait to get some more insulation, carpet, lighting and a leisure battery in the back.
Here's a few pics of the changes so far :)ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Limbo118118
Caddy Fan

Re: Ex BG to family wagon conversion

Post by Limbo118118 »

Looking good! What insulation did you use an how many metres? Also what rear seats are they touran 2nd row?
Insta : Limbo118118
Geardy1986
Caddy Fan

Post by Geardy1986 »

Hi mate,
Thanks... insulation is from Dodomat (the 7mm version) and I bought the 10mtr roll- still got loads left and will continue to cover as much bare metal as possible in the back, before carpeting the ply lining panels and refitting.
I also bought some sound deadening from SilentCoat and have put that underneath the insulation in the most vulnerable areas.
Got both products from recommendations via threads on here... both really easy to fit as they're self adhesive

Geardy1986
Caddy Fan

Post by Geardy1986 »

The rear seats are from a Caddy Maxi, so fit in the factory provided places... not sure if Touran ones would go in as easily or not...

dopeytree
100BHP+

Post by dopeytree »

Looking good! How was it fitting the windows? I've got all the bits here just not so keen on cutting holes in the van :lol:
2011 1.6 TDI - ex british gas caddy maxi http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30795

Mk4 rear lights, Auto headlights, Passat w8 interior leds, 18" supermetal bullets, Polo MFSW, Touran doorcards exit lights, carpet sports seats & storage bases. VanX glovebox, Audi air vents, Sirus rear seat conversion, Privacy rear windows, RCD 330 CarPlay, Speakerupgrade underseat sub, Leisure battery, 3000w inverter.
Geardy1986
Caddy Fan

Post by Geardy1986 »

dopeytree wrote:Looking good! How was it fitting the windows? I've got all the bits here just not so keen on cutting holes in the van :lol:
Thanks mate... I wasn’t brave enough to cut holes in the side of mine either, got a professional to do that part of the job!! ;)