Build thread of my silver Bullet

Show off your caddy
mister-ious
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Build thread of my silver Bullet

Post by mister-ious »

Hi,

In this thread i want to do some updates of my progress in styling my VW caddy. And i hope you members will give me some feedback and advice cause i'm quite new in this.

Well i'm not starting with an empty sheet. Im owning a VW caddy MK3 from 2006 1.9tdi 77kW in the reflex silver Color. When i bought the caddy i thought it was to basic so i added some alloys, sidebars, bullbar and bulkhead already. This is the situation where i want to start from in this thread and take you into my build story.

ImageImageImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn S60 met Tapatalk

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Build thread of my silver Bullet

Post by Celticrsmith »

I'd suggest lowering next
mister-ious
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mister-ious »

Celticrsmith wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm I'd suggest lowering next
Haha, i really like that idea, but i think it won't be the next step. I bought some damaged bumpers in color. I'm planning to repair them, paint them and then apply them to the van. And than i'll start thinking about lowering.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Sounds like a plan but don't put the bull bar back on, it was designed to kill any bulls you might encounter out on the road, question is, how many bulls do you see every day on the streets compared to pedestrians, you've turned a bumper that was designed to reduce low to medium speed injuries into a bone crunching weapon designed to cause life changing injuries, (or even death in the case of a child).
Anyway, how about carpet lining or a double din Bluetooth/DAB head unit, some rally good cheap ones on eBay.
mister-ious
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mister-ious »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 am Sounds like a plan but don't put the bull bar back on, it was designed to kill any bulls you might encounter out on the road, question is, how many bulls do you see every day on the streets compared to pedestrians, you've turned a bumper that was designed to reduce low to medium speed injuries into a bone crunching weapon designed to cause life changing injuries, (or even death in the case of a child).
Anyway, how about carpet lining or a double din Bluetooth/DAB head unit, some rally good cheap ones on eBay.
I agree with you that this type of bullbars isn't the most safe solution in the trafic. But without my caddy looks to much like an ordinary workman's van. So that's why i decided to add something to the front temporarily. When i finished my painted bumpers i won't add it cause i have to cut out some pieces of the bumper to mount the bullbar. Another disadvantage of the bullbar is that the bottom of the bullbar hits the road when i pass some high speed bumps so when i should lower the caddy i'll stuck on the speedbumps. :lol: :lol:
mister-ious
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mister-ious »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 am Anyway, how about carpet lining or a double din Bluetooth/DAB head unit, some rally good cheap ones on eBay.
I think i won't carpet line the back of the caddy, i'm having a bulkhead inside which is already carpet lined at the passenger side. But i'm using the caddy to much with dirty stuff i think for complete carpet lining. But you make me think different and that's what i like. I'm not really satisfied about windnoise and i think carpet makes the van more sound proof. So i might add some insulation sometime to reduce the noise. Speaking about the radio, i bought a single Din bluetooth/FM/DAB/USB kenwood radio last year and i'm quite happy with it and with the storage box underneath, so upgreading the radio :? maybe later. I would really like upgrading the console with the dark touran one including the armrest.