Ciarans caddy

Show off your caddy
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ciarans caddy

Post by cfitzy6 »

Today was another good day, i went to 4 scrapyards before i finally came across a decent one. They had 3 tourans in stock.

In the first scrappy i picked up just one touran base for 30 quid

When i found the decent yard, I picked up a set of mint black carpets, a set of door cards and a set of touran bases all for 90 quid! Bargain!

So i have one touran seat base for sale with all the bolts if any one needs it, i will put it it up for sale tomorrow once i clean it. I will also have a set of standard facelift seats and door cards if anyone needs them.

Any way i fitted the carpets, door cards and seat bases and it looks so much better, i will get some pics up tomorrow when i get some better light.

I still need a drivers side mirror with the aerial in it if anyone has one, i do not mind the color or if the glass is broken, thanks

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Hi all,

Just came back from a weeks trail riding enduro bikes in the Spanish mountains. It was awesome! Pity i landed back in horrible weather!

On the bright side (no pun intended) my nighteye H4 led bulbs had been delivered while i was away.

I fitted them today and the difference is unreal. Really clear light and no scatter. I got a friend to drive against me in the van to make sure they arent blinding and they are all good. Very impressed. The only little annoyance is they flash 3 times but i believe that can be programmed out.

Just waiting on my led drl's to turn up now

Has anyone managed to fit a crosser/enduro bike in a SWB caddy? Pics would be appreciated.ImageImageImage

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Been a while since I've updated this, last month i took out the bulkhead to gain more seating room, its far more comfortable except for the noise!!!!

I did an 8 hour road trip and had to have the stereo up full blast to hear it so yesterday i set about making it quieter.

I treated all single skin area's to some Dodo dead mat, really ease to cut and apply.
Also did the rear wheel arches too as it felt like this was a big source of the noise.

I then filled the cavities with recycled plastic loft insulation for a bit of thermal insulation.

On the floor i put down a layer of foil bubble insulation to give a decoupling later and the covered the whole floor with mass loaded vinyl before putting the ply on top.
ImageImageImage

I haven't taken it on the motorway yet but just driving around town the difference is unreal!!

Next will be to carpet the back and lay some flooring.

I have a question, how have people held the ply panels on in the "window" area?

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Installed my cruise control and trip stalks today, it was very easy but for some reason the cruise wouldnt activate in the engine section of VCDS. I left it for a few minutes and it accepted it.

Also fitted my mats from MVM but forgot to take pics of them

The inside is slowly getting to where i want