Ciarans caddy

Show off your caddy
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Ciarans caddy

Post by cfitzy6 »

Hi guys, i finally picked up a 2012 caddy yesterday.

I hate the steelies though so picked up a set of 16's which do for now.

I have a few quick questions though, i have a midline dash 2K0 920 965G but i don't have any buttons on the stalk or a MFSW. Can anyone tell me what part number stalk i need to buy to be able to cycle me through the cluster? Or guide me in the right path, ive looked but can only find guides for fitting the cruise control stalk.

Also the radio fm has very poor reception, is it true the aerial is in the passenger mirror? I had a quick look there and found a brown and white wire not connected to anything.

Need to get it colour coded soon.

Thanks for looking ImageImageImage

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Ciarans caddy

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I think the aerial is in the drivers mirror, there's a few MFSW/STALK threads on here with all the info you need. I like the wheels by the way and the van is sitting nicely on them, you can sometimes end up with the monster truck look but yours looks well
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

CaddyShack2k wrote:I think the aerial is in the drivers mirror, there's a few MFSW/STALK threads on here with all the info you need. I like the wheels by the way and the van is sitting nicely on them, you can sometimes end up with the monster truck look but yours looks well
Thanks lad I'll open up the drivers mirror today and have a look.

That's mate, need to sit down and study the guides, might as well add cruise control while im at it.

Im suprised it sat well, i was afraid of the monster truck look but it will still have to get lowered after i colour code it Image

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

cfitzy6 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am Thanks lad I'll open up the drivers mirror today and have a look.

That's mate, need to sit down and study the guides, might as well add cruise control while im at it.

Im suprised it sat well, i was afraid of the monster truck look but it will still have to get lowered after i colour code it Image

You'll probably want to go with bigger wheels if you are dropping it, not essential but there's a What Wheels are you running thread on the active topics right now that you can access, well worth a look
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

CaddyShack2k wrote: You'll probably want to go with bigger wheels if you are dropping it, not essential but there's a What Wheels are you running thread on the active topics right now that you can access, well worth a look
Ya i will defo get some bigger wheels, picked up my current ones for a bargain the other day and they will do for a little while.

Opened up the drives mirror there and there's no sign of the aerial Image

Don't know where to look now..

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

cfitzy6 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 am Ya i will defo get some bigger wheels, picked up my current ones for a bargain the other day and they will do for a little while.

Opened up the drives mirror there and there's no sign of the aerial Image

Don't know where to look now..

Me neither lol, add a Shark Fin roof aerial to your modding list :D
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Aerial should be either in the mirror or possibly built into the windscreen but that's normally on the older ones. Not sure what year they changed to the mirror aerials but mines 2012 and they were in there until I changed to Touran mirrors.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Barbel330 wrote:Aerial should be either in the mirror or possibly built into the windscreen but that's normally on the older ones. Not sure what year they changed to the mirror aerials but mines 2012 and they were in there until I changed to Touran mirrors.
Thanks lad, it looks like the passenger mirror has been replaced recently so maybe the wrong mirror was bought.

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

So today i took out the flooring lining and removed about a ton of builders crud from underneath it!

Next i need to remove the bulkhead and give it a deep clean and do some mods too it.
Is there a bulkhead out there that has window in it instead of the grills does anyone know? The grills annoy the crap out of me in the mirror!Image

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Motexion bulkhead. I have carpet the back of it. But it comes in plastic or carpet on the cab (front) section. You can get it in black or grey plastic. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Caddyluv wrote:Motexion bulkhead. I have carpet the back of it. But it comes in plastic or carpet on the cab (front) section. You can get it in black or grey plastic. ImageImage

That looks mint! They are pricey though a s seem to be sold out everywhere! Might try do something with mine first.

TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

Cut the mesh off, order some plexiglass (can be ordered to size on ebay) and screw that over where the mesh was. that's what i plan to do anyway
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Pricey yes but finishes a van off well.

https://mentereos-automotive.myshopify. ... 5-t6-caddy

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

TonyC wrote:Cut the mesh off, order some plexiglass (can be ordered to size on ebay) and screw that over where the mesh was. that's what i plan to do anyway
I did think of doing that or something similar anyway Image

cfitzy6
Caddy Fan

Post by cfitzy6 »

Caddyluv wrote:Pricey yes but finishes a van off well.

https://mentereos-automotive.myshopify. ... 5-t6-caddy

Ya it looks mint, i had a look on that site but when you add to basket they are out of stock