Black on black 2.0

Show off your caddy
jamieprang
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Black on black 2.0

Post by jamieprang » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks man. Yes the LEDs are decking lights and i just spliced them into the main cargo bay light so they operate as it does. Ive ordered some button shape rubber mat for the floor. Not the most ascetically pleasing compared with some others, but with 3 dogs to go in the back it was really the only option.
"A mk2 is like that really hot chick, who was really really cool, and no matter how badly you were treated, you kept going back"

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Decking lights Image that’s what I use. There so easy to use ain’t they. As you have gone black allround. You might wanna paint the light. Image

This is my front on black alcantaraImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:24 pm

It might actually have been your thread i saw them mentioned, if it was then thanks. Because they were SO easy to work with and install. Hmm... that's a good idea, i might just do that. Thanks again for another idea.
"A mk2 is like that really hot chick, who was really really cool, and no matter how badly you were treated, you kept going back"

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Black on black 2.0

Post by Caddyluv » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

No worries buddy all here to help ain’t we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Little bit of work done this past couple of days. The rubber mat arrived for the floor. Not as nice as others floors but with 3 dogs its pretty much essential. Set about putting it in to look as nice as possible.

Removed the floor and sanded all the bumps and whatnot from its surface. Then marked out and cut it to shape for as neat a fit as possible.

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7b by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7a by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d79 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Then refitted the ply floor and screwed it down to the bonded ply strips underneath. Lay the rubber mat it for what turned out to be a damn good fit. I wanted the mat held down properly but didn't want to glue it to the ply. Fancied something nicer. Looked for all sorts of options using Stair Noses and other pre made trims but nothing was right for me. So i bought some 25mm right angle aluminium bar and made my own for the front, side and rear. And pretty pleased with the outcome.

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7c by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7d by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7e by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d76 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d80 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d81 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d82 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d83 by jamie simpson, on Flickr