2009 Candy White Caddy

Show off your caddy
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: 2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Tp88 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Those lights looks amazing!? Where and how much were they?!
I made them for a customer, I’ve got a fair few types. I own Modified Lights UK, videos of them on YouTube or plenty pictures on the Facebook page. Drop me s message if you want some doing :)
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Got the camera installed and all working, very easy with great results.

Drilled the hole for the wires then sealed it up. Used the earth on the rear door.

Testing some of the wires to check it all
Works.

And result! Picture behind the van of the garage door. :D

Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Test fitted the lights for a little while before fitting my boring ones :lol:

So as I said previously they were just a customers set of lights. For my own I kept it little more oem looking and went for a replica design of the factory Touran lights but with mk5 GTi xenon insides.

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

That looks great!
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

Nice work on the RCD RVC dude and nice one for uploading the extra pics of where you drilled etc. Have i seen some sequential front leds for a T5 or similar you have done on here?
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Whitey wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:50 pm Nice work on the RCD RVC dude and nice one for uploading the extra pics of where you drilled etc. Have i seen some sequential front leds for a T5 or similar you have done on here?
Thanks, every little helps!
I’ve done a few caddy & transporters now, most years and models. Some with sweeping indicators and some with chasing indicators.
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Just seen these, you haven’t done a bad job if I may say so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Whitey »

PM me some details please mate :)
Tp88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Tp88 »

Whitey wrote:PM me some details please mate :)
Me too please! Tried to DM you but can’t seem to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Not sure why messages didn’t work for you.

I’ve replied to other messages though :)
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Many updates but realised that I haven’t even updated with half the stuff I’ve done and uploaded pictures of :lol:

So a little bit of a throwback but....

Full interior was removed and replaced with Touran carpets, just to get rid of the nasty rubber floor that comes standard. Great for a work van, not great on a daily.

Arm rest was test fitted....

Nice new red gti style seat belts fitted

Also fitted some Seat Leon sport seats but no pictures of those.... so that explains the full Touran interior transformation with sound deadening, carpets, arm rest, dashboard and all the other stuff I might have missed!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Anyway, back to engine stuff mostly.

Gearbox was removed to make way for the nice new LUK full clutch kit. The vans had slight clutch judder for a while which has taken its toll on the gearbox mount (so everyone keeps telling me - more on that later)
So went for a full clutch kit but also opted to get the flywheel skimmed and refaced. Since they are a solid flywheel you can’t buy them as they usually don’t wear or give problems like dual mass flywheels, well you can for about £280 from the dealers but that’s not an option. Really :?

So dropped that off at the engineering place lunch time and will collect it tomorrow morning for refitting everything.

Fantastic kit. Came with new clutch fork arm, clutch bearing, release spring, bearing guide tube that most kits don’t come with ontop of the actual clutch disc and pressure plate
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

With the gearbox removed & flywheel waiting to be skimmed I had some free time. Ended up checking the van over for its MOT in the next couple of weeks.

Drivers side CV boot had a slight split starting to replaced that while the driveshaft was on the floor.

Passenger wheel bearing was rough to rotate so changed that also. Shouldn’t have looked around it :lol:

No picthres of the CV boot, horrible dirty job but bearing...

You can really feel how bad they are when it’s rotating in your hand off the van.

Also... as per previous posts a misfire and judder on the engine, as well as a rather shakey clutch judder has started to wear the gearbox mount. I expected to replce it but once removed and inspected was fine if a little on the soft side, just no splits or damage.

Well, time to pollybush it then while it’s off the van! Since all the standard mount is in place it’s retained the comfort but adding the Polly around it is keeping it secure so there’s no wobble or places for the mount of shake around. Is it still a bodge if it works perfectly? :D no seriously, I’m actually impressed at how well it worked, going to see how it lasts over time but I would recommend it to anyone for the sake of a few quid.

Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

🙈🤦🏻‍♀️ that last bit ha

all the rest looks great so far
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Liam wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 pm 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️ that last bit ha

all the rest looks great so far
Not approve of the DIY polly bush then? :lol:

I swear it worked so much better than I expected. It’s fantastic!! what’s not to like about standard comfort but stronger and better performing. 8)