2009 Candy White Caddy

Show off your caddy
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: 2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Kris C wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:36 pm Fair bit of work has gone on there. I am a fan of shiny new parts where possible, shame most of them are never seen.
How do you find the seats now for leg room? Im on the tall side (6.5) and just crossed my mind the the leg bolster will possibly be deeper on the gti seats?
It’s been none stop for a while that’s for sure, I’m knackered all my free time spent on doing stuff.

Leg room is fine for me but I’m closer to 6.0 and manage totally fine. The GTI seats are the most common seat change I’ve seen on the caddy and not heard of anyone having trouble.
Obviously the seats are a lot more huggy so you notice getting in and out but that’s it.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Kris C
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kris C »

Thanks for letting me know :)
It was more a passing thought that just popped into my head as I read through. I’m now wondering if the bulkhead would stop the seats going as far back as they could. For all the caddy’s I’ve driven I just know it’s, “snug” if you like around the legs.
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

I do have the seats adjusted up to the bulkhead and can see why some people remove it all together but it’s just the same as standard seats really for leg room.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Kris C
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kris C »

Hutchysrs50 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:36 pm I do have the seats adjusted up to the bulkhead and can see why some people remove it all together but it’s just the same as standard seats really for leg room.
Im going to add a bulkhead because. Well, just because. Ill live with the limited leg space, no sacrifice blah blah :)
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Craig Cheatham »

Great build thread loved the read, well done.
Now remapped to 145 BHP